• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible to play app sound when minimized?

Androiiiidd

Lurker
Jan 27, 2021
Hey people :)
I am playing RuneScape on my mobile phone and was wondering if it is possible to keep the app sound playing while tabbing out and using another app.
I really like to afk some things while reading something online for example. To do so it's pretty important to hear the game sound though.
Couldn't figure it out myself yet so any help is much appreciated :)

Cheers

I know media apps, like music and podcast players, those can play their sound in the background while using other apps. And I wouldn't want a media app that couldn't. However games usually don't play sounds when in background.AFAICT. I'm sure it's something that's set by the developers, when they make their apps. In the case of RuneScape, that would be something the Jagex devs would need to do. Maybe worth you emailing them about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones