• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Possible to use bluetooth speaker but built-in microphone for calls?

techy101

Lurker
Jul 8, 2011
I'm wondering if it's possible to edit a bluetooth profile so that the phone uses the normal, built-in microphone for calls, but uses bluetooth for the speaker output.
I've got a bluetooth car system with a worthless microphone, but people say that they can hear me great when the phone is in the car dock and I'm using speakerphone mode. Unfortunately the speaker on my Bionic isn't very loud, and unusable in louder situations.

Thanks.

That isn't possible. The bluetooth redirects all audio to the bluetooth system, ie; your car system. That's just the way bluetooth works.

One thing you could try is to get a FM transmitter or if your car has a MP3 port use that for your speakers. You can have Pandora running on your phone and when a call comes in Pandora automatically pauses and goes to the phone. The microphone would be on on the phone and the speakers would be redirected to your cars audio.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones