• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post the latest Note 20 rumors here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm now using my Note 8 as a kitchen timer. Sold the 4 to a mate. I like to keeo the previous phone and sell/trade the one before. Several times I have had to go to my previous pgone to get app settifs, riing/notification/alarm tones and other things that don't sync correctly/
I am OVER the AKG N60 headphones that came with the Note 9... time to sell those and the Gear IconX that Samsung left us all stuck with! I'm curious now, whether Samsung will bundle the new Gear Buds Pro (or whatever the new jellybean things will be called) with the Note 20 Ultra. My only beef is that none of the fitness tracking the buds do gets reported to Google Fit (which I use)... it's proprietary to Samsung Health (which I don't use). Ah well, if they work well...

With the move to stop bundling accessories it is unlikely that they'll bundle buds.
I've been using neckband bluetooth headsets since the Nokia N900 I had before the Note 1 so don't miss the headphone jack at all.
In fact it was that caused my Note 3 to not work without wired phones in forcing me onto the 4 ealier than I would have. Timing was perfect however and in my search I found a decimal place pricing error and I got the 4 for £40 instead of £400.
The 3 got fixed when an experimentation with a custom ROM drained the battery in an hour and a half and evaporated the last of the moisture. It's now a kitchen timer with a 2 week battery life.

Upvote 0
I've never cared about bundled headphones of any sort: I have my own, the bundled ones will suit me worse (actually since they will be earbuds, which I can't wear, they'll be completely useless), so I'd rather not have them.

I used to give such things to my daughter, who got through earphones at a hell of a rate (I don't know how, but she'd break them within a couple of months). But since she's now using BT earbuds she's no longer breaking the wires the way she did so I'd really have no use for a bundled set.

Upvote 0
I've never cared about bundled headphones of any sort: I have my own, the bundled ones will suit me worse (actually since they will be earbuds, which I can't wear, they'll be completely useless), so I'd rather not have them.

I used to give such things to my daughter, who got through earphones at a hell of a rate (I don't know how, but she'd break them within a couple of months). But since she's now using BT earbuds she's no longer breaking the wires the way she did so I'd really have no use for a bundled set.
Indeed. I Agree with the move to stop bundling so much repeat shite with phones.If only Apple had done that back in the days when they shipped 50p headphones that punted at least 10% of the volume into the bus rather than their ears. Companies are never going to ship top notch with the phone and so people will buy their own, or use thew crud that comes with them to the detriment of others.
You don't need to spend over the odds on brand specific models as long as you don't go for cheap as chips crud. Especially chargers.
Most people can find a 3rd party alternative that suits them and will last them across phones, leaving the bundled ones in the box awaiting resale. To someone who already has their own charger, cables and headphones.

Upvote 0
TWO WEEKS TO GO!

The Note 20 Ultra looks like it might be a worthy upgrade from my Note 10+, although I'm not champing at the bit to replace Jeanette (other than the infuriating fingerprint scanner).

It looks like at least five devices will be launched; while I really don't like the Galaxy Buds, I would be willing to try these new jelly beans. I need something that will stay in my ears when I'm on the track; and IPx water resistance would be really nice so I can wear them in the pool while I do my upper body workout.

Additionally, we should see a new watch and tablet. 9 AM Central Time, August 5th!

Upvote 0
BTW the rumored "laser pointer" feature for the S Pen would be very helpful in certain circumstances. I have relatives (I think we all do) who have a hard time finding a setting or learning how to do... something on their phone. Using Screen Recorder and the laser pointer, I could easily make a short video showing them exactly what to select, how to navigate, etc.

What's your most anticipated feature?

Upvote 0
While it doesn't obligate you to buy, you can reserve a spot in the pre-order queue right now! If you are really blown away by the Note 20 (probably the Ultra) enough to upgrade, then you would be among the first people in line to pre-order and get your phone before anyone else.

Reserve at Samsung.com or the Shop Samsung app!

Upvote 0
Lack of card slot is something they did with the smaller Note 10 too. They do currently tend to play the game of downgrading the smaller device to push people towards the larger, more expensive, more profitable one, and it sounds like they are taking it further than before with the Note 20 (though as noted for some of us some of the downgrades, such as plastic back and flat screen, are actually positive).

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
The flat screen DOES appeal to me: the curves afford me less room to use the S Pen. So this had better be an epic upgrade... not sure it will be, as the Note 20 looks to be a refresh of the Note 10, which was a refresh of the Note 9...

Wouldn't it be cool if Samsung released an updated version of the Note but made it much like the Note 4? That was probably one of the best Notes ever made... that and the 8

Upvote 0
This could sweeten the deal for some people like me... the base Note 20 looks more and more like a downgrade from the S20. So the Note 20 Ultra will be the phone to get. Will it be enough of an upgrade from the Note 10+ to make the move worthwhile? We'll see in just FIVE DAYS!

https://wccftech.com/galaxy-note-20...l-ship-with-galaxy-buds-live-in-some-markets/

And OH BY THE WAY: the new Galaxy Z Fold 2 is rumored to pack an S Pen! So that's technically a Note rumor now... can you imagine that massive screen, combined with the S Pen? Marvelous...

https://www.trustedreviews.com/hub/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-2-news-rumours-and-the-latest-leaks-4040177

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi all,
Enjoyed reading all posts that I've missed out so far.
As we come closer to the announcement in 2 days, I'm excited. I wonder if by now there is any difference (in a better way as to specs and looks) that they've kept for last to surprise us. Or if whatever all the leaks have been out has pretty much sealed the deal.
Doesn't seem a nig jump from the Note 10 and plus, albeit better camera, display, etc, I wish they'd rid of the hole punch. Not that I've a problem with it, but at least to look different.

I am now starting to think about the Galaxy Z Fold 2 (what a name). Besides the price assuming it'll be higher than the Note 20 series, I wish they'd really stick an S Pen and I'd be sold. They say the reason they didn't do it is because the screen is not hard like the Note, because it folds.

Though I don't use the pen everyday, I do use it frequently and it's mighty handy.

Are you all going to watch the live announcement?

Upvote 0
Hi Greegom, welcome to the cool kids' club... it's great to have you here!

I've heard rumors of the new Fold (whatever they call it) having an S Pen. The screen is reported to be ultra-thin glass: regardless, the S Pen would reside beneath it anyway. That gorgeous, huge screen is begging for an S Pen - artists, business people, lots of folks would love that. Including me! I use that S Pen almost every hour of the day: the bluetooth control of the camera, music, etc. is so useful. Plus, the precision of the S Pen lets me work more efficiently with fewer mistakes.

Let's hope the new Fold has an S Pen and its features built in. If so, one must wonder if that's the next evolution of the Galaxy Note, 10 years later...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones