1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Post Video you have taken with your Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lars, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Lars

Lars Android Expert

So here is a video I shot entirely with my Droid X on a 4wheeling vacation. The original footage is better quality than the youtube version but it is quite competent. I usually pull out my five year old Sony HD cam for such events but I decided to give the X a shot. It did pretty well. Color saturation could have been better but the 3GP codec seems to kill it a bit. Lack of image stabilization makes shooting on the move a bit tricky. There is some jitter worsened by the fact that the phone has no mass to stabilize it. Takes some practice. The lens is also high in the frame and very wide so I caught myself getting fingers in the footage. Automatic exposure works fairly well, It's a shame zoom isn't available with such a large sensor but I suspect that multiple pixels are combined to boost sensor gain and quality. Otherwise a 3-4x zoom might be possible using pixel selection. Software image stabilization would be cool too with all those extra pixels but I think the phone struggles as it is to capture at 720p. The chip is capable of 1080.

The stills were also taken with the X except for a few from our almost broken Canon S70 with a cloudy lens. The panorama shots were also the X stitched right in the camera.

Editing was done off camera but stills and footage are not retouched. Work flow was from RAW 720p 3GP --> HDV 720 MTS using erightsoft SUPER --> NeroVision 4.9 --> HDV 720 MTS @ 9MBPS (1.5gig) --> Youtube Flash 720.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LoF_LvAYklw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LoF_LvAYklw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. avaloncourt

avaloncourt Newbie

I just got my Droid X so I haven't done any real video yet but what concerns me about your video is that this is an exceptionally well lit scene yet the amount of noise is very high.

3. Paycer

Paycer Android Enthusiast

I don't think the forum allows regular users to post HTML code and have it actually function. Just post the link and the forum will automatically create the, "mini-player," like in the post below yours.

4. MD249

MD249 Lurker

5. Greavous

Greavous Android Enthusiast

doh! not exactly what you would want to record... ever!

6. Garrett67

Garrett67 Well-Known Member

Wow... Glad you're alright though. I'll assume nobody was hurt.

7. Devz

Devz Well-Known Member

8. uscg4good

uscg4good Newbie

Not cool. How'd that happen? And when you upload to image shack, did it convert the video to mp4 automatically?

9. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Android Enthusiast

Literally!

bcwest, AJ_EVO and Paycer like this.
  10. Paycer

Paycer Android Enthusiast

Dude. That really sucks. Will insurance cover it?

Also lol @ theineffablebob.

11. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Well-Known Member

Man, using my X while in a small boat gives me the shivers... Just too easy to drop it.

12. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

+1

13. PapaTim

PapaTim Lurker

That really bites!
    At least you had your DX to call 911!

14. gotmydroidx

gotmydroidx Member

Ironically my first video was of a car burning on the side of the road in MA

15. djlovelace

djlovelace Lurker

16. jcash3

jcash3 Android Enthusiast

17. SgtBaxter

SgtBaxter Well-Known Member

Here's a quick video I shot of Thunder Hole, in Acadia park when I was up in Maine a few weeks back.

YouTube - Thunder Hole

18. ctxx24

ctxx24 Android Enthusiast

19. mickeyd1488

mickeyd1488 Lurker

20. darreno1

darreno1 Android Enthusiast

21. darreno1

darreno1 Android Enthusiast

Those videos were really cool. I will be taking my X to the Homestead Airshow later this year.

22. Devz

Devz Well-Known Member

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews