• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your accessory links!

Since it's so darn hard to find accessories for our shiny new A100's, let's start posting links to the accessories we have found.

Please only post items that are listed as compatible with the A100 or that you have already purchased and are 100% sure they are compatible. There is lots of accessories for the A500 but I am not sure if they are compatible.

As you post them, I will try to add the links to the original post for easier locating.

I will get things started with the following items:

Acer Iconia Leather Protective Case for Tablet - Black (A100C01K)
Brown
Red
Blue

Amazon, $29.99, Free Shipping

Case/Wallet on Ebay (I just bought one of these, I will post info when I get it)

Ebay, Buy It Now Price $15.99, Free Shipping

Texas Neoprene E-Reader Sleeve
I bought one of these at Best Buy locally for $17.99 plus tax. This one has the Texas Longhorns logo but I could care less, not a football fan. I am sure they have other logos at your Best Buy in your state. I need something in a hurry to protect the device and this fits pretty darn good. I like it so much, I may just continue to use it as my permanent solution. I will see how it compares to the case I got on Ebay.

Amazon, $19.99, Free Shipping.

Do you like your leather case? I want to get one but I'd like to know if its easy to type on when its being used as a stand and if the build quality is good.

Sorry but I haven't received it yet. Just ordered it and it's coming from China. It's not real leather but I had one for my Nook Color that I think was the same material and I liked it fine.

Not many choices right now though.

Upvote 0
Are screen protectors neccesary for this tablet? The screen feels soft and a lot different then my phone's screen. Do you think it scratches easily and needs a protector?

Not sure, I have an HTC Evo and it has Gorrilla Glass, can't scratch it so I don't need a protector.

I use to put screen protectors on everything, I hate them so I am just going to leave mine naked. I am curious though if the glass is scratch resistant or not.

Upvote 0
See image

Attachments

• IMG_20110826_111145.jpg
    IMG_20110826_111145.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
So I've bought and applied the Skinomi screen protection product to my A100. I'm pleased with the screen protection - seems on par with my usual go-to, Zagg. It definitely helps with the fingerprints on the screen, and so far I've noticed zero-distortion of the screen. The package I bought also included skins for the rest of the tablet - in this case I chose the dark wood version - and while it looks nice, it's not a perfect fit. Rather than sizing the pieces to be smaller than the face it's covering, some of the pieces are actually about 1/16" too big on some of the edges, which leads to them just barely overlapping the actual edge. It's not noticeable while it's in the case, but when you take it out, you can definitely feel it, and it will catch on stuff (fingernails, paper, etc) and if you happen to catch it just right, it will actually peel partly off. I suspect I will be taking those parts off, especially if I can find a nice shock-absorbing, snap-on cover instead of the ballistic nylon case it's in now.

Here's the product I bought: Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Dark Wood FILM Shield & Screen Protector for Acer Iconia Tab A100: Electronics

I'll give it 3 stars, mostly for the good work on the screen protection and quality of the materials, but they lose points for fit and wonky adhesion on the smaller bits.

Upvote 0
I found some screen protectors on Amazon. I did not try it so I cannot confirm that it works, although it is designed for the A100 and it has the cutout for the Home button and the Camera:

Amazon.com: 3 Pack of Premium Crystal Clear Screen Protector Shield for Acer ICONIA TAB A100: Electronics

These look like the ones I got. However I can't tell you how they are on an a100 as i have an a500. They were sent to me by mistake. They are made by the same company that makes the ones I got for my a500, Insten screen protectors. They aren't fingerprint resistant though but on my a500 its pretty good, smooth and doesn't really feel like i have anything on my screen.

PS anyone want 4 of those screen protectors? Useless to me as I don't plan on getting an a100. I'm going to post them in the classified section.

Upvote 0
These look like the ones I got. However I can't tell you how they are on an a100 as i have an a500. They were sent to me by mistake. They are made by the same company that makes the ones I got for my a500, Insten screen protectors. They aren't fingerprint resistant though but on my a500 its pretty good, smooth and doesn't really feel like i have anything on my screen.

PS anyone want 4 of those screen protectors? Useless to me as I don't plan on getting an a100. I'm going to post them in the classified section.

Definitely interested ... let me know $.

Mike

Upvote 0

OK, as promised, here is my update.

I just received this on Thursday or Friday (can't remember that far back).

The description in the Ebay auction says "WitBlue Leather Case Wallet For 7" ACER ICONIA TAB A100".

It's NOT leather but this is no surprise really at the price I paid. The description states "High Quality PU Leather".

I knew this and I researched PU Leather and bought it anyhow, so not there fault.

I bought it based on the fact that I bought a 2 Nook Color cases off Ebay that were not exactly genuine leather but were still nice looking and nice to the touch.

This feels cheap, looks cheap and well, I understand why they call it "PU" and is peee uuuu, it stinks..

With that said, it acts as a wallet and holds my credit cards, license etc which keeps me from having to actually carry my real wallet. So, for the price I paid and the lack of choices right now, I would still buy it knowing what I know now.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
The Targus Impax Universal Tablet/E-Reader slipcase. $29.99 at Staples (Toronto). Neoprene, fleece interior. Blue or black. Snug fit but a perfect case for the A100. Look on the Targus web site - Americas. Caution about the unit turning on while in the case, as the tight fit might depress the power button. Looks cool. Ideal until something else comes along.

Upvote 0
Just ordered this case:

rooCase Executive Portfolio

I'll report back once I get it. I'm hoping this is the last case I buy!

Looks pretty nice, let us know how you like it.

I can't tell the difference between the one you bought for $34 and the on for $24. If you look down at the section that says "People who bought this item or viewed this item also bought" or something like that, it shows the same item for $10 cheaper. Hmm..

Upvote 0
Looks pretty nice, let us know how you like it.

I can't tell the difference between the one you bought for $34 and the on for $24. If you look down at the section that says "People who bought this item or viewed this item also bought" or something like that, it shows the same item for $10 cheaper. Hmm..

Still hasn't shipped. Hopefully it wasn't someone trying to scam in a scarce market. Near as I can tell, the difference between the two is that the more expensive version seems to come with a detachable sleeve for the tablet, which velcros into the portfolio, allowing it to be rotated on the stand. The less expensive one seems to be fixed into place, so while on the stand, it's in landscape mode.

Upvote 0
Just ordered this case:

rooCase Executive Portfolio

I'll report back once I get it. I'm hoping this is the last case I buy!
Works great. Very professional looking and functional. The ability to separate the device while in the interior case for handled operation is awesome. Interior case fits perfectly with all applicable cutouts. Exterior case has sleeves for cards and folded papers add to it's functionality. Highly recommend.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones