• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

These things run from $29.99-$39.99 in truck stops, I got them at some hardware store called Menards for $12.00 :thumbsupdroid: :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240414_012104_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240414_012104_Photos.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Incredible story !

I picked the car up and drove it for a week and called the dealer and made an appointment to go pay for it. On the way the car suddenly quit going forward. I called the dealer and he sent a wrecker up for it and the end of the story is the transmission crapped !

Turns out all of the Nissan cars with the cvt transmission have issues at some point in their life.

I have since bought this one, it is a Chevrolet and will not have transmission issues ... (I hope)

Attachments

• tint (1).JPG
    tint (1).JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 9
  • tint (2).JPG
    tint (2).JPG
    57 KB · Views: 4
  • tint (3).JPG
    tint (3).JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know who designed or makes these new 8 & 10 speed transmissions, but many cars are having issues with them. I just saw Ford was having trouble with these new transmissions.

I bought a brand new 2019 Chevrolet Traverse. It had their new 8 or 10 speed transmission. At about 15K miles the transmission started stuttering real bad. The first thing I did was I googled the issue and saw there was a GM service bulletin on it. I took the car in and the dealer fixed it. Then after another 10K miles it happened again. I took it into the dealer. The dealer said the mechanic thinks he fixed it, but he wasn't positive after a test drive. I ended up getting rid of the car.

Now I see this:

Does the 2019 Traverse have transmission problems?

Chevrolet has announced that 194105 vehicles have been affected by a Transmission recall.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones