• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help power button sticking

xmetl

May 12, 2010
i just bought a used Droid incredible and i have had it for about 3 days and i have noticed something about the power button at the top. the power button doesnt "click" when pushed down like the volume buttons do at the side, it just goes down. its kind of annoying is there a way to fix it or something? are of them like this or is it just mine? if you have a droid incredible can you tell me if the power button clicks like the volume buttons do when you press it or does it stick like mine?

i just bought a used Droid incredible and i have had it for about 3 days and i have noticed something about the power button at the top. the power button doesnt "click" when pushed down like the volume buttons do at the side, it just goes down. its kind of annoying is there a way to fix it or something? are of them like this or is it just mine? if you have a droid incredible can you tell me if the power button clicks like the volume buttons do when you press it or does it stick like mine?

Every once in a while I'll pop open my back cover and just scrape away the inevitable gunk that collects around the button-- moisture, lint, dust, etc. It usually goes back to being clicky for a little while

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones