• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

power options

lebongo

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
I know I'm comparing phones that are different, but the Blackberry has the option to turn off the phone, and 'wake up' right before the alarm goes off. This helps save battery life and keep from waking you up in case you get an email or text in the middle of the night. Is there any way the Eris has something comparable? I know there is an airplane mode - what is this? Any chance that's what I'm looking for?

I know I'm comparing phones that are different, but the Blackberry has the option to turn off the phone, and 'wake up' right before the alarm goes off. This helps save battery life and keep from waking you up in case you get an email or text in the middle of the night. Is there any way the Eris has something comparable? I know there is an airplane mode - what is this? Any chance that's what I'm looking for?

There is no way to have the phone shut down and that turn on at a specified time. Airplane mode will conserve battery (will still use a little though) and I believe prevent notifications from coming in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones