• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Predict the 5 AT&T Android Phone

Except I do not count them having announced the phones. They used a specfic word "launch" That is the word they have used when a phone goes on sale not it being announced. So there is no way that they will make it in my opinion. What can I say you can not change how you use words in the middle of the game. If they had put out on the press realease they would announce 5 new android handsets then they might still make it but that is not what they said.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/white-iphone-4-likely-not-available-at-launch/
Here is something within the last 2 weeks that they used the word launch in. And it ment at time of release.

Upvote 0
THEY HAVE OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED OR RELEASED 5 ANDROID PHONES (before the end of 1H 2010):
Samsung Captivate (flagship)
HTC Aria (nice little device)
Motorola Backflip
Motorola Flipout
Dell Aero

Who won? Looks more like all AT&T customers lost.

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

Yeah, the problem as others pointed out is that they said they would launch 5 devices...we know that is not happening. Also Flipout is just a rumor for now. Not officially announced by AT&T. Not that announcement means much considering the Aero's current status.

Sorry but AppleT&T has definitely failed us in their little promise to be more Android friendly. Failed big time.

Most of us are slavering all over the captivate because it seems the only thing coming to us that might be of worth. And it is a shadow of it's parent phone the Galaxy S because AT&T had them dumb it down even...

Upvote 0
My bad on the Flopout. 2H 2010 starts in 4 hours and 15 minutes on East coast. And as promised, AT&T had delivered us 5 Android phones (kinda).

You win the contest if you guessed the following:
1) Motorola Backflip
2) Refurbished Motorola Backflip
3) HTC Aria
4) Dell Aero (announced)
5) Samsung Captivate (announced)

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I see that on this Independence Day, July 4th, AT&T has changed their Android Phones page. It now has a scrollable window with their Android offerings. Oddly, they list them from oldest to newest. But then, I guess since they truly still only have 2 phones available it doesn't really matter.

Backflip (Refurbished) Free
Backflip New $79.99
HTC Aria $129.99
Dell Areo (learn more) -- not available yet
Samsung Captivate (learn more) -- not available yet

ATT Android Devices

Reactions: Lostsoul
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones