• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Predictive text/autocorrect issues on Galaxy 3 since latest update

It was most definitely the Samsung Keyboard!!
Yup! I wonder if the new update that's become available solves this problem? I found, in the Verizon update description, a keyboard issue being resolved - only a word is deleted rather than an entire sentence when the backspace key is pushed. I know it's not exactly the same thing, but it may be an updated keyboard never-the-less.

I'm not saying to go get that update if it's available to anyone. There seems to be a lot of complaints about data connectivity problems with it. I don't know if these complaints are universal or rare.

Upvote 0

droid-issue.gif

Why it takes me forever to text you... - YouTube

Upvote 0
I haven't experienced the exact issue you've described, but my keyboard is definately whack. If I complete a sentence and notice a correction needs to be made, and I delete the wrong word...the new correct word cannot be placed where the old word was. It goes up like 2 lines at random, and inserts it there.

Here's an example:

Text, text and more text being used as an example.
It can be anything really, just words to show what's happening.
I'll get to this point right here and realize I need to correct a word.

So that's the template.

Let's say I needed to delete the word "point" and replace with "spot". Below is what happens.

Text, text and mospotre text being used as an example.
It can be anything really, just words to show what's happening.
I'll get to this {} right here and realize I need to correct a word.

I made the edit text black so you can see where it's inserting it. I also added {} to show where the old word was that never got replaced properly. It doesn't insert those brackets, they're just there for illustrative purposes.

I've had other freaky stuff happen as well, but this is the worst. The irony is that I had similar experiences with my HTC EVO V. I would go to delete a word, and different letters would delete instead of the intended word. I was really hoping buying a $400+ phone would have solved these issues...but I guess not.

Upvote 0
I received a System Update this morning. (mostly a junk filled update :mad:) but, it appears to have 'fixed' the auto-correct:erase issue.

so far.
I wondered if that might happen. I haven't taken the update being rooted and seeing all the problems, though the main issue apparently is solved. My phone is running so well I haven't wanted to mess with it.

I wonder if others have found this typing fiasco fixed by the New update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones