• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Preinstalled Facebook App...

I tried searching, but couldn't find anything about my question.

My Droid came with Facebook preinstalled. Since the latest update for AppBrain, the list of updates available shows an update for Facebook. However, when I go to instal the update I am taken to the main install page. As if I didn't have Facebook installed already. When I got to the app manager in settings, Facebook is not listed as an installed app.

Anyone know what is going on? Can I just download the marketplace Facebook app and not worry about there being two instances of Facebook on my system?

Thanks in advance.

Kratos

You log into the Android market, find the Facebook app and it will update it.

This is, of course, assuming that you're talking about an un-rooted DROID with the stock ROM that came with it when you bought it....

Yep. Unrooted, stock, running 2.1 update 1.

I just wanted to make sure because the one in the market doesn't ask for me to update it, but instead to install it.

Thanks for the reply and info. I'm going to give it a try now.

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones