• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem connecting Google

komail

Lurker
Oct 30, 2012
I have purchased the tablet Onda v971 from a local dealer here. The web browsing if working fine with WIFI connection but when I try to use Google Play to download the application it ask for Google account and when I try to sign-in my Google account it gives following message

"Can't establish a reliable connection to the server.

This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care.
"

Similarly, when I try to open "www.google.com" in the browser, it does not open and gives error message... but when I open "www.google.com.pk" it works fine.. I think there is some issue while accessing google.com services

I am facing this problem since last one week and I already have done the "Factory Reset" twice. Please advice.

Regards,
Komail Noori

Hey there komail, first off welcome to the forums.

Let me just start off by saying that some of these Off-Brand tablets sometimes do not come with working Google Play, just because they don't have rights to the Google Play store.

For more info please read: http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html

Otherwise try doing this:

so i remebered host file (/system/etc/hosts) i edited this file (actually i deleted all the entries in it, and just added 127.0.0.1 localhost) reboot tablet, then everything is cool.

Upvote 0
DC,
Please consider this. When someones start his thread with "I just bought a new tablet" normally, he means he knows nothing about android.
I myself bought an ONDA Vi30W tablet(ICS 4.0.3) last july. So far, I can go on the net. I have a google account, a gmail account on my laptop (Win7).
The reason I cannot go further is that I have also this message "can't establish......" that I try to fix since 3 weeks!
So, be sensitive! when you say go to host file, you should mention how to go there, how to edit it, and how to reboot the tablet.

Remember, we all been raised with WINDOWS!

Regards
Marc

Upvote 0
this is the EXACT same issue i'm having on my husband's old Samsung Fascinate. i am connected to our home wifi network but it will not connect to my google account. the phone is currently deactivated and i was going to use it as a "makeshift" ipod touch for our son - something that he can use for music and games. i am getting the same notification message. i don't understand why it says there's no data connection when i am clearly connected to my home wifi without issue.

Upvote 0
this is the EXACT same issue i'm having on my husband's old Samsung Fascinate. i am connected to our home wifi network but it will not connect to my google account. the phone is currently deactivated and i was going to use it as a "makeshift" ipod touch for our son - something that he can use for music and games. i am getting the same notification message. i don't understand why it says there's no data connection when i am clearly connected to my home wifi without issue.

did you find a solution already , because i've the same problem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones