• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem flashing ROM

kenh000

Jul 24, 2010
Hi, I'm flashing to Serendipity 6.4 as I type this, but, things don't seem to be going smoothly.

I did the ODIN thing, rooted, renamed ClockworkRecovery.zip to update.zip, copied it into the root of my SD card and copied the Serendipity ROM into the root as well.

From the clockworkrecovery screen I selected 'install zip from sd card' then "choose zip from sd card".

It has been sitting at a screen saying
ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.4
--Installing: SDCARD:Serendipity_6.4.zip
Finding update package...

for about 10 minutes. Is this normal? The ROM is 130MB but don't know how long this should take.

If this is not normal, what should I do to try again? Pull the battery and go into clockworkrecovery?

Thanks.

Ken

Hi, I'm flashing to Serendipity 6.4 as I type this, but, things don't seem to be going smoothly.

I did the ODIN thing, rooted, renamed ClockworkRecovery.zip to update.zip, copied it into the root of my SD card and copied the Serendipity ROM into the root as well.

From the clockworkrecovery screen I selected 'install zip from sd card' then "choose zip from sd card".

It has been sitting at a screen saying
ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.4
--Installing: SDCARD:Serendipity_6.4.zip
Finding update package...

for about 10 minutes. Is this normal? The ROM is 130MB but don't know how long this should take.

If this is not normal, what should I do to try again? Pull the battery and go into clockworkrecovery?

Thanks.

Ken

I actually encountered this same problem when I tried to flash this ROM. I freaked out because it sat on finding update package. I then just took out the battery and flashed cognition which worked right off the bat and didn't sit there on that "finding update package" for very long. Did you download the update.zip from the serendipity home page? Not sure if that makes a difference but of the two other ROMs I've flashed (cognition and firefly) everything went really fast and I did not encounter this problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones