1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Problem flashing ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kenh000, May 14, 2011.

1. kenh000

kenh000 Newbie
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    Hi, I'm flashing to Serendipity 6.4 as I type this, but, things don't seem to be going smoothly.

I did the ODIN thing, rooted, renamed ClockworkRecovery.zip to update.zip, copied it into the root of my SD card and copied the Serendipity ROM into the root as well.

From the clockworkrecovery screen I selected 'install zip from sd card' then "choose zip from sd card".

It has been sitting at a screen saying
    ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.4
    --Installing: SDCARD:Serendipity_6.4.zip
    Finding update package...

for about 10 minutes. Is this normal? The ROM is 130MB but don't know how long this should take.

If this is not normal, what should I do to try again? Pull the battery and go into clockworkrecovery?

Thanks.

Ken

Advertisement

2. 4N6science

4N6science Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    unemployed
    Richmond, VA
    I actually encountered this same problem when I tried to flash this ROM. I freaked out because it sat on finding update package. I then just took out the battery and flashed cognition which worked right off the bat and didn't sit there on that "finding update package" for very long. Did you download the update.zip from the serendipity home page? Not sure if that makes a difference but of the two other ROMs I've flashed (cognition and firefly) everything went really fast and I did not encounter this problem.

3. wtfj1n

wtfj1n Member
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    On the Serendipity home page FAQ, it states that ROM Manager is a big nono. Im new to this whole flashing ROM's thing, but thats just something I have encountered so far on my read ups.