• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem installing busybox1.19 from SDCARD HELPP!

I am trying to flash a ROM onto my friends fascinate and I have already rooted successfully. But when I use odin3 to flash into clockwork and try installing busybox I get this message: BTW he has DL09 just like mine!

--Installing: SDCARD:su-2.3.6.1+busybox1.19.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/su-su-2.3.g.1+busybox1.19.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

When I did this same exact process on my fascinate I didn't get this error so I'm LOST! Can anyone help please?! :/

you are flashing the wrong file if you want clockwork. Thats a recovery tar.md5 and it gets flashed in odin. You dont have clockwork on there hence that error. Once you odin it on then return to recovery and you can flash that zip

You go straight to recovery from the Odin reboot, correct? Because the kernel will be overwritten if you boot up completely?

Just checking because I am rooting a DL09 Fascinate tomorrow and had trouble last week on attempt #1.

Upvote 0
you are flashing the wrong file if you want clockwork. Thats a recovery tar.md5 and it gets flashed in odin. You dont have clockwork on there hence that error. Once you odin it on then return to recovery and you can flash that zip

hmm.. thats so weird because when I did all this with my phone I didnt get that message. heres the link where I got my instructions from, and this is EXACTLY what I did with my phone.

Samsung Fascinate - DL09 OTA: New Instruction to root your phone, CWMRecovery, and install rom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones