• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem Loading .MP3 Files

Insomnes

Lurker
May 22, 2019
So, I've been having issues with the music player. I use to have a huge file of .mp3 files that I listened to through the "Play Music" app with no issues whatsoever. Recently I updated this list of mp3 files and deleted the current mp3 files from my phone. I moved the file from my computer to my phone through USB and for some reason it would recognize only eight of the mp3 files. So, I tried deleting and re-downloading all the songs onto my phone but that didn't work, so I put it on Google Drive so I could download it directly from my phone. Which had the same result, exact same eight songs showed up and no other ones. I tried clearing the cache on my app, but was met with the same issue. I also tried loading the songs from the Google Play Music app but it consistently crashed was buggy and uploaded duplicates so I gave up with that. I tried two other audio players, still doesn't work. I tried reducing the number of items in the file because it has 200+ items in it, but I reduced it and tested it at 150, 100, 50, and 25. Same result. I have been scratching my head at this and really need help.

Now I could be wrong on this. But I didn't think the Play Music app could play local MP3 files, purely songs that have been uploaded to your Play Music Account and then either streamed or downloaded for offline play?

If this is the case, did you ever upload your music to your account? And by removing/updating like you said above did you actually delete them from your account?

If not, why not upload all your music to your Play Music account and then stream or download for offline play when and if you need them?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones