1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Problem Playing Music Through Headphones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cjwalker28, Jun 28, 2010.

1. cjwalker28

cjwalker28 Member

Jun 28, 2010
    So I've had my Mytouch 3G for quite some time now, and I have the older version where you need that mini usb to 3.5mm jack adaptor. But for no apparent reason, it suddenly stopped recognizing the adaptor or something, because when I plug it in and play music, it just plays through the speakers. I'm pretty sure it isn't the adaptor because I have two and I have the same problem with both. Also I wanted to mention it recognizes the charger or whenever I mount the phone to my computer. Anything I can do to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Male
    Houston, Tejas
    That sure sounds like you got a USB contact moved out of place, or corroded or something to that effect. Almost definitely a hardware issue on the phone side.

If the phone's less than a year old, you might be able to get a warranty repair. On the cheap and immediate side, you could try getting some contact cleaner from a hardware or electrical store (Radio Shack) and spraying that in there, but I kinda doubt it's just corrosion.

Or you can get bluetooth headphones, and skip the jack altogether.

3. cjwalker28

cjwalker28 Member

Jun 28, 2010
    That's actually what I was thinking but like I said when I charge it or mount it, it works fine. That's what is confusing me.