• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem Playing Music Through Headphones

cjwalker28

Lurker
Jun 28, 2010
So I've had my Mytouch 3G for quite some time now, and I have the older version where you need that mini usb to 3.5mm jack adaptor. But for no apparent reason, it suddenly stopped recognizing the adaptor or something, because when I plug it in and play music, it just plays through the speakers. I'm pretty sure it isn't the adaptor because I have two and I have the same problem with both. Also I wanted to mention it recognizes the charger or whenever I mount the phone to my computer. Anything I can do to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

That sure sounds like you got a USB contact moved out of place, or corroded or something to that effect. Almost definitely a hardware issue on the phone side.

If the phone's less than a year old, you might be able to get a warranty repair. On the cheap and immediate side, you could try getting some contact cleaner from a hardware or electrical store (Radio Shack) and spraying that in there, but I kinda doubt it's just corrosion.

Or you can get bluetooth headphones, and skip the jack altogether.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones