1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root problem with calculator after root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 76ford90lx, Oct 21, 2011.

1. 76ford90lx

76ford90lx Guest
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    Q.A. Supervisor
    Riverside, CA
    So I went to use my calculator in a meeting right now. I have not used it after root yet and this is what I got. There is no minus or multiplication symbol on the buttons. I have odin root and shabby .9 loaded on my phone. Any ideas?

Well crap I can't insert my screenshot for some reason

Advertisement

2. chin checka

chin checka Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    it got messed up with the shabby rom. u can just download another from the market & delete that one. totally normal & everyone who downloaded the shabbyrom had that problem..

3. 76ford90lx

76ford90lx Guest
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    Q.A. Supervisor
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks. I tried to download another and delete mine but the "market" was lagging so I will do it later. The thing works just fine but the buttons have no icon on them. If you memorize what is what then you can use it with no probs. but thats a pita, so I will just ditch it.

4. psp_noob

psp_noob Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    it's a font issue that many rom makers and themers suffer from here, they usually recommend you just use another one or ignore stuff that doesn't like their custom fonts, you can install the original fonts and everything should work and appear like it is supposed to

i got a kick out of blue's attempt to just replace the calc app itself instead of figuring out how to make the fonts work :cool: (though now you don't have trig or pi stuff)

5. 76ford90lx

76ford90lx Guest
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    Q.A. Supervisor
    Riverside, CA
    Well I just installed some fancy scientific calculator that is suppose to boost my IQ by 20 points and make me a smarter man lol.. Then I un-installed the stock one. I liked the simple layout of the original but who cares, its not something I use very often.