• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with Contacts

halek

Lurker
Jul 9, 2017
On a Galaxy S5

On the contacts where I have both a home and cell numbers entered, both will show as 'Mobile" when I open the contact list. Most of contacts came in when I added the sim from Consumer Cellular. I attempted to overcome that by deleting the contact and re-entering all the info as a New Contact but that did not solve the problem. If I review the info by editing the contact the proper home and mobile identification is shown.

While not the biggest problem, it is annoying when I attempt to set one of the numbers as default.

Last edited:
On a Galaxy S5

On the contacts where I have both a home and cell numbers entered, both will show as 'Mobile" when I open the contact list. Most of contacts came in when I added the sim from Consumer Cellular. I attempted to overcome that by deleting the contact and re-entering all the info as a New Contact but that did not solve the problem. If I review the info by editing the contact the proper home and mobile identification is shown.

While not the biggest problem, it is annoying when I attempt to set one of the numbers as default.

Sounds like most of that is in your mobile account contact list that will have to be changed in you account settings you have connected to the device

Upvote 0
I must admit that I do not understand what all is going on, particularly with the contacts.
I had the contacts to display set to "All Contacts".
I found that on the contacts with 2 phone numbers if opened that contact to edit then there are 3 items shown on the second line from the top (Google, Phone, & Sim). Usually Google is highlighted, if I switch it to "Phone" the two phone numbers are properly shown on the call page.
Even after resetting the Contacts to display to "Phone" the contacts seem to all open with the "Google" highlighted until I select phone.
????

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones