• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Data since Sept update (T-Mobile)

Maybe you all can help me. Very recently I've been having a data problem.

I will go anywhere from a 24 hour period to a week with no issues. But then I get up in the morning, unplug my phone and I'll notice the sync symbol in the title bar is stuck. The phone says it's connected to my WiFi but I will be unable to do anything data related. If I go into airplane mode, which I'll do to fix that stupid WiFi calling issue with the certificate problem, then I won't get back my WiFi. It'll get stuck trying to acquire an internet connection. It will then say I'm connected to 4G LTE but I still will not get data flow. No emails, no updates, no app functions that require data and no news.

So far the only resolution I have is to restart the phone. That always clears it up. I want to avoid doing a hard reset because I have a few key authentication applications for various systems that I don't want to go through the hassle of having them be reset.

Any thoughts? I've gone through the app listings and do not see anything that screams networking. Thought maybe I could force stop a service and clear the cache.

Anyone else having this problem? My searches have come up empty.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones