• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with gmail account

techlib

Lurker
May 30, 2011
Hi all,

I am using Galaxy 3. Facing a problem with google account.

I already have one gmail account configured, it is working but the gmail id is not mine :(

While trying to configure the second account, it is failing at the stage of synching with server

Please suggest if you have any ideas.

Thanks

No luck... I tried clearing the cache and data -- the method u said. Even after I am getting the same message :(
Your phone needs to communicate with Google servers to set up your account. This may take up to five minutes.
After a few minutes another message: can't establish a reliable data connection to the server

Upvote 0
Are you doing this via 3G or WiFi?

As far as I'm aware, you can only ever have 1 Gmail account associated with a phone so if your mate signed in with his gmail account, you're probably going to need to perform a factory reset. Failing that, can you remove the gmail account completely from your phones Accounts & Sync Menu?

I'm not sure about your phone, but on my DHD, you can run the initial setup process (the process you went through when you set up your handset) again which might allow you to change the gmail account, but I can't be sure as I've never had the need to do it.

Alternatively, are you rooted?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones