• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with google.

joejoe

Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I have tried everything else, so please bear with me. About a week ago my droid started opening the google web browser in spanish. No matter what i do it defaults back to spanish if i kill the browser and reopen it. I've checked all my settings and tried all the help topics i could find on this, no luck. Anyone else having this problem? If you fixed it could you let me know, I'm very annoyed.

Go to Setting > Language & Keyboard Settings > Select Locale > click on English. See if that helps.

If that were the issue, his whole phone would have Spanish all over it ... not just in the Google web browser.

My recommendation is to go to Settings > Location & security > and play with the two top parameters (Use wireless networks, Use GPS satellites). Turn ON "Use GPS satellites", turn OFF "Use wireless networks", turn ON the GPS receiver, go outside then open your browser. See if it doesn't "relocate" you.

If that doesn't work ... maybe you should buy some "Dora, the Explorer" DVDs, and start brushing up on su Espa

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones