• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with exchange sync and 2.2 Froyo

elvis80

Lurker
Sep 30, 2009
Got an HTC Desire HD yesterday, which is a vast improvement from my Hero. However...

I've always used exchange server to sync my calendar and contacts with my computer at work. The problem is that the exchange server forces the phone to require security (SSL, I believe, but I'm not an expert). This means that after the phone's been on hibernate, I have to put a passcode in it - seriously annoying (and impossible while driving). This problem came up previously, with my Hero, when I upgraded to 2.1. Our IT guys sorted it though (eventually). This time, they don't seem to have found a way around it and say it might not be possible this time: are they telling the truth - the guy I spoke to set up the server and its existing exceptions, so he should know what he's doing. I've used an unlock app with the Hero in the past, but they don't work on 2.2. Has anyone got either:

a) An app that works? I've tried No Lock, Unlocker and Screen lock suppressor
b) A solution for the exchange server?
c) A work round?

Many thanks in advance. :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones