• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with linked contacts on galaxy S

Denali

Lurker
Aug 11, 2010
Hi-

this is my first Android phone... I'm switching from an Iphone and having some trouble.

I like the linked contacts concept, but am having trouble with it on this phone. Sometimes I show having 4 links in a contact but the link sources are "unknown". Then when I unlink/delete these "unknown" and try to correctly link to a facebook account, it errors and says I have a max of 5 links... even if there is only 1 current link.

I guess I just don't understand where the multiple "unknown" link options show up from and why is it so difficult to get the correct links made?

Also, under contacts "display options" my facebook account shows up twice. Once with a blue f facebook symbol with it and once with the green head outline generic symbol with it. Why?? Is this whats screwing up my contact links??

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones