• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with my new Infuse

efarley

Lurker
Aug 25, 2011
Hello I just got the Infuse from AT&T and while I am liking the phone there are 2 major issues I am having and 1 minor one that I can not seem to find a fix for.

First when I try to use GPS the phone can see 11 satilites but it refuses to use any of them and will not allow me to use the navigator or any other GPS tools. I have installed GPS Test and GPS Status and both apps show the same thing 11 satilites visible, 0 in use.

Next when I connect the Infuse to my PC (Windows 7 64 bit) and start up the Mass Storage thing but my computer never sees the device. I do not have the pop up to view files and when when I go into my computer no new drives or devices are listed.

Lastly I keep setting a live wallpaper as my wallpaper but every few hours it resets back to the factory original background. How can I get the wallpaper to stop resetting?

I like this phone but these are pretty major issues that will force me to return this device if they can not be resolved...

Ok so the problem with the USB Mass storage is definitely a driver issue. I connected the USB cable to 3 PC's 2 of which were nearly identical Dell laptops all 3 had Windows 7 64bit OS. On the desktop and one laptop the device was not discovered and nothing happened. On the second laptop windows installed some drivers automatically upon connecting and the device was discovered without any issue. I then downloaded and installed Kies on the other laptop to get the Samsung drivers and after doing that windows immediately saw the device and again installed some drivers and I have had no problems connecting since. So it looks like the confusion over whether or not the divers are required is due to some builds of windows 7 64bit come with the required drivers pre-installed and some do not.

I have tried clearing/downloading new agps data 3 times but it still does not connect to the satilites it sees. I am at a loss there... it may just be a faulty device, I have read some early builds have GPS issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones