• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problems with new s2

saurabh79

Mar 17, 2011
I recently brought a new galaxy s2... the phone is great.. was able to upgrade the phone..but i am facing the below problems ...

a) Location services on google map is not working..whenever i try to get current location, it always says cannot connect to location services..

b) I have a win7 64 bit pc.. i am unable to connect to the system.. it gives me error of cannot find device drivers.

c) when i am trying to play songs, sometimes the phone hangs in between and i need to remove the battery and reboot.. it happened on the samsung music app and the winamp app aswell. i am playing the music via my micro sd card.

kindly help me solving these issues.. thanks in advance for your help.

a) Make sure that all of your location services are enabled and you are outside with a clear view of the sky. Most of the time I've noticed that it's that first lock that is a PITA.

b) Disconnect the phone, select the Kies option to troubleshoot connection issues, follow on screen instructions, then reconnect. Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll run you through the FULL uninstall procedure (simply uninstalling won't help).

c) Load your music on the internal storage and see if that fixes the problem. If it fixes the problem, then that likely means that your SD card is faulty.

Upvote 0
a) location service problem got solved by installing gps status and running the phone without the sim card and reboot with the sim.

b) kites troubleshooting is something i have tried multiple times and it didnt work..kindly guide me with the full uninstall process you mentioned.

c) for the music issue, i will try copy the data on internal card..and will update the post..

thanks for your help.. looking forward to the process regarding unintalling kites.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones