• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with screen touch reactions...

firedesire

May 29, 2010
Hi fellow XE owners,

I have had a relatively trouble free time with my phone, even after ICS update, that is until about a week ago....

Sometimes from the lock screen it will take 3 or 4 swipes for the circle to react, having got past that stage the type in password I use will not respond to the 'enter' button. I have tried cleaning the screen, going back to the stock Sense (from Go Launcher), but all without any major improvments. This problem doesn't occur everytime , so just as I feel like sending the phone back, it behaves itself for a couple of days.

I haven't gone for a full reset yet as I don't really want to reset everything I have already set up, even though most apps are backed up.

Anyone come across a cure for this?

Thanks in advance.

I seem to have found some sort of cure for my issue.... I had been reading that sometimes when your memory card has loads on it, it could affect the behaviour of your phone, I was using a 16gb card which had about 12gb of photos, music and full length films on it, so I upped it to a 32gb sandisk card and after sorting out a few app-location issues, since putting the card in the phone has been performing 'quicker than before' .... I had previously carried out the cache clearing route without any noticable improvement..... Heres hoping all is fixed !

Reactions: Kruncha
Upvote 0
Hi All

I think I have a very similar problem here, the touchscreen on my XE is so unreactive sometimes I feel like throwing it across the room! Reading what has been said before I dont think its a memory card problem, I've only had the phone a few months and am currently using a 2GB SD card from my previous phone (HTC Wildfire) both the phone and the card memory are under half full, is it worth investing in a larger memory card or has anyone discovered anything else which could be causing the problem??

Upvote 0
i acquired an HTC sensation XE yesterday, and i was happy about it. it's updated to ICS 4.0.3 by the previous owner, but the Sense ui is still in version 3.6. i think i have this problem with the ui, because there are times that my phone doesn't recognize or takes long to respond to your touch at times, especially when i connect to the pc. am i right in saying that the problem is in the Sense ui? i'm thinking that if my phone's ui will be updated to Sense ui 4.0, that would alleviate the problem. is my analysis right? having the same problem with touch response of the phone as you guys here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones