• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" has rendered alcatel phone unusable

m_ghafoori

Lurker
Jan 1, 2011
Added a shortcut to a browser bookmark in home and after that I am getting this error that never goes away and keeps appearing after tapping on ending the process "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly". My phone has been unusable since this occured. Because of the looping message, I cannot access most of phone functionalities, especially the menu in the home (home is completely inaccessible).

Any help to fix this is highly appreciated.

I have an Alcatel Tribe Android OT-981A.

I had same problem on my Alcatel Tribe. Only solution was a complete system reset on the phone. This is easy to do but you will loose all your data and apps.

1) Turn off phone (or remove and re-insert battery if necessary)
2) Hold down the VOLUME DOWN (on side of phone) and the red power off button simultaneously for several seconds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones