• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Process' won't open?

Blake1288

Lurker
Nov 15, 2010
So, I decided to give Tridents ROM a try about 10-minutes ago.

I used ROM Manager, backed-up my old ROM, then downloaded Velocity 0.2.

Now, my phone will do nothing, it turns on and shows the red Droid eye, then when it's time to go to the home screen I get pop-up after pop-up saying that "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I have no way of getting on my phone at all, what can I do?

I recovered my last save, I did have a few questions though.

Is Velocity much faster than the stock? Also, is it safe? Did I just screw up the install last time by not clearing my data and cache? I use my phone for work so I really need it to be in working order; however, I'm terribly bored with the menu and the phone speed is killing me. I've had the phone for quite some time now so I'm just looking to seemingly upgrade what I have.

Thanks for any information and I appreciate the help.

P.S.: The reason I don't have 0.3 is because my phone won't connect to my computer anymore for some reason. I've google'd that about 1,000 times with no success...

Upvote 0
I recovered my last save, I did have a few questions though.

Is Velocity much faster than the stock? Also, is it safe? Did I just screw up the install last time by not clearing my data and cache? I use my phone for work so I really need it to be in working order; however, I'm terribly bored with the menu and the phone speed is killing me. I've had the phone for quite some time now so I'm just looking to seemingly upgrade what I have.

Thanks for any information and I appreciate the help.

P.S.: The reason I don't have 0.3 is because my phone won't connect to my computer anymore for some reason. I've google'd that about 1,000 times with no success...

No your phone should be fine.
Use Barnacle to Wirelessly connect to your Internet.
It does Behoove you to use the Newest Velocity.

To speed things up OverClock the phone. It works MUCH BETTER.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones