• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Profiles and Vibrate

I did a bunch of searching, and didn't find anything regarding this...

I've had my Droid for about 5 months now, and I've tried many of the profile apps. Unfortunately, the one thing that I'm annoyed with when it comes to the Android system is how it handles profiles-- specifically in regards to Vibrate.

I simply want to be able to have sounds on and vibrate off, and sounds off and vibrate on. However, you have to set each program (gmail, email, messaging) to have vibrate on, to utilize vibrate. BUT-- what if you want to quickly switch to a low volume sound only? I haven't seen an app that offers this yet. So, you have to go in and turn off the vibrates...

Really dumb shortful on Google's part in my opinion. It's actually causing me to consider going back to a windows phone *shudder* :( (windows 7 perhaps) .

Anyways, if I'm missing something, please enlighten me. I've been through EVERYTHING (rooted, not rooted, DroidMod, Cynogen, etc, etc, and back to 2.1 OTA).

Jasee

I did a bunch of searching, and didn't find anything regarding this...

I've had my Droid for about 5 months now, and I've tried many of the profile apps. Unfortunately, the one thing that I'm annoyed with when it comes to the Android system is how it handles profiles-- specifically in regards to Vibrate.

Completely agree. :mad: Nokias and Iphones do a much better job in this regard. I use the free app 'Profiles' by "egg 'n stone": it's ok, but I still miss the way Nokias handle profiles

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones