• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Proper inital battery calibration?

bcote311

Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta, GA
So I finally broke down and got the extended battery for 50% off. I know it won't make a huge difference but it is a good deal for the price...

Anyway, my question is what is the best way to initially calibrate the battery?? Should I put it in and let it drain all the way to empty then charge it? Or should I charge it up all the way before I turn the phone on and then let it die?

Dumb question I know but thanks in advance for any help!!

So I finally broke down and got the extended battery for 50% off. I know it won't make a huge difference but it is a good deal for the price...

Anyway, my question is what is the best way to initially calibrate the battery?? Should I put it in and let it drain all the way to empty then charge it? Or should I charge it up all the way before I turn the phone on and then let it die?

Dumb question I know but thanks in advance for any help!!

You're going to see conflicting opinions, along with the conflicting data (quotes/links, etc), from users, bcote. ;)

I'll start the fray by giving my opinion about it after reading about Lithium Ion batteries:

- #1, if there is documentation with the battery, follow that.

- #2, if no documentation, charge it fully prior to first use.

;)

Upvote 0
Wait, where did you get this? I have been checking out the vzw site almost weekly and they never have the extended battery listed, let alone on sale...

It was weird, when I searched the Verizon site I didn't see it either. I followed the "Buy" link under the Droid Life article and it worked: [Deal] Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery is Half Off at VerizonWireless.com, Just $25 – Droid Life

It is definitely worth it. I got over 39 hours with 5% remaining and 2hr 40 min of screen on time. I have screenshots but can't seem to post them here without uploading them to another site...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones