• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help proximity sensor with visual voicemail

Yeah, This proximity sensor SUCKS!!!! really bugs the heck out of me. I hang up on people all the time, half the time, my call ends up on speaker.... it is getting annoying! I wish it could just auto lock it every time and I would have to tap twice every time I wanted to make an input.... Any ideas?

Upvote 0
It doesn't turn the screen off with voicemail but i also don't really press it against my cheek when listening. I guess you have to simply be careful. I am sure not everyone agrees they should change how they hold their phone but since Visual Voicemail is more an app then the dialing screen, the proximity sensor does not work with it. Possibly a suggestion for a future update to visual voicemail.

Upvote 0
There is too much of a delay in the backlight and proximity sensor. When I have an incoming call, it takes a couple seconds for the backlight to come on. When I pull the phone away from my face during a call.. again, another couple seconds. My wife's Palm Pre lights up instantly when pulling it away from the face.

Well, maybe not 2 seconds but it's long enough to where I get impatient.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones