• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PS4 Controller.

The Miki Show

Android Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2012
Will the PS4 Controller work with new Android tablets, without having to root or download a third party app? Do you think Sony was paying attention to the use of ps2/3 controllers on Android devices? Will Sony Android Tablets support their own controllers?

I have some question to ask them at E3 this year. :) Your thoughts?

Just to update, the fact is Sony has just confirmed that out of the box (confirmed Oct 4), the PS4 controller is going to work on PC. That is without drivers! I am expecting this to mean similar compatibility with Android. Sony is pretty smart with what they are doing. I may just tweet the big guy himself and see what he says about Android and the new DualShock 4 controller. Sony has tablets so having Android compatibility for them makes a LOT of sense. [source: How to use your PS4 controller on PC, iPhone, iPad, Android]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones