• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Public Mobile] Cant Change Settings

Are you using n00b rom without any of the network modifications found in this thread?

http://androidforums.com/public-mob...24848-testers-needed-n00b-rom-boost-port.html

Also are you using a boost mobile kernel? Thats the big one... If you are using n00b Rom you have to use one of the kernels in the first post of my Rom thread...

http://androidforums.com/public-mob...oc-based-public-mobile-b07-no-boost-port.html

The boost mobile warp is older and somethings in the ramdisk(which is part of the kernel) make our phones do weird stuff like data errors, freeze ups, scaling issues(processor speed stays at max and drains battery instead of going from min to max depending on demand) and lets not forget overheating... Mind you there are some other glitches with using the kernels modified for public mobile with a boost mobile b08c... this info should get you back on track... :)

as far as which kernel to chose the glitch non OC and the Glitch OC 1.7 GHz are very stable... but again they have to be the modified version found in my ROM thread...

Reactions: denise1624
Upvote 0
Thank you SOO much you just saved me from posting a whole bunch of other threads..

Edit: what about all of the apps and stuff I've installed and setting can I get it back ?

Think you might have to start from scratch on this one.... when I was testing the network mods in the testing thread I found that you really have to wipe all the data install the Rom again and install the n00b port right after otherwise it doesn't stick....

Did you bake a backup prior to this bug?

Upvote 0
Yea and I backed it up.. but the error kept coming back ..

So I have to go through with flashing noob from and then installing the zip.. what do I do after that ? Or is that it ?

Edit:// Okay well here I go..
flash the kernel after that and wipe dalvik cache... you should be in the clear after all that...

Reactions: denise1624
Upvote 0
Thats part of the bugs listed from using the public ramdisk with the boost rom also i forgot 1 thing are you using n00bVII because he implamented zram on that one and you should infact use the 1.8 ghz glitch kernel as that one has zram and is a better fit with n00b7... as far as the wifi acting up, some people say they can't fix it and others say that if they wipe factory reset and dalvik a couple of times they get it working but there is no definitive answer... If you want a customized bug free situation you should consider trying my ROM(Voltron) its still a beta but a bug free beta... :)

Upvote 0
I'm using nOObVI and its working better than I expected it to. Thanks . My internet speed is 1000x quicker than before.. and wifi doesn't drop anymore. Thanks for your..help

if I keep flashing it won't it like ruin the hardware of the phone..

P.s. I'm a noob at all this stuff so idk what I'm talking about.. the reason this is so easy for me to do is because its similar to uploading files to a website lol

Edit:// and yea I noticed that setting.. I thought I was going crazy. Ive never seen it there before..

Upvote 0
Wait a minute... I'm really sorry and I should have checked before but you are in the wrong section.... All this info I just gave you is for public mobile users only.... you are with boost or public?

EDIT: If you are with boost and you are indeed in the wrong section go to the boost mobile all things root section and go download the new n00bVII rom Wipe data factory reset and wipe dalvik before installing... don't worry nothing you did here harmed your phone... :)...

http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...om-n00b-vii-update-released-11-15-2012-a.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones