• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PUK code

MC6060

Jun 9, 2021
My wife has an Oppo A54s, if it were to run out of power completely or she switches it off, when it is re-started, the phone, it asks her to change the PUK code, she has to do this before she can use the phone again This has happened from day one, so not sure if a setting needs changing. Also not very secure as anyone could pick up the phone, power it off, re-start, change the PUK and start using it.
Any help would be appreciated.

The PUK code is not something the user changes, it's something specific to the SIM (not the handset) which you would get from your service provider (though it may have been written in the packaging your SIM card comes in). So I've no idea why you should be getting this message.

There were some old phones which supported and engineering backdoor that let the user change the PUK (if they knew the old one) via one of those dialer codes, but I doubt that's common.

Has she ever set a SIM PIN and then mis-entered it 3 times in a row? That's the commonest thing that would trigger a request to enter (not change) the PUK.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones