• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Push T-Mobile and Samsung to Support Their Devices!

To Sign the Petition to Help Make Samsung Keep there Word:
Samsung Needs to Stick to Their Word - Behold 2 Update

To Get the New's Story Posted Vist:
http://www.androidspin.com/2010/05/2...hold-ii-users/

http://androidheadlines.com/2010/05/...onsidered.html

http://www.tmonews.com/2010/05/samsu...2-as-promised/

http://phandroid.com/2010/05/26/is-s...old-ii-update/

http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog...android-style/

Please Help, Every Signature Counts..

Thanks,
Eugene

Added Info:

Spec. Sheet that is on Par.
Samsung Behold II Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

Issue's with Behold 2 are:

Dailer Hangs / Force Closes Randomly when Using
Drop Calls ( Never had an Issue on Cliq / G1 / MyTouch )
Launcher Lags & Super Slow
No Update's regarding OS, still stuck on Android 1.5
Samsung promo said we would get 2.0 once it was Avail. ( This was Before 2.0 was released ) Now Samsung Has Removed the Video..
Samsung Has Confirmed that the Behold 2 will Not be Upgraded to 2.X, ( Only Reason I had Bought was due to them Promoting it would be )
Battery only last about 8hr at most if using for txt's & Web, plus a few calls in there.... ( The Cliq & MyTouch easily lasted all day with Much more Use )
SD Card is Constantly getting Error's and Needs reformatted ( Lose of Data is weekly )
SD Card is Constantly un-mounting & Remount its self.
Phone Does not Sleep Correctly after a Phone Call
Display Setting to sleep after 15 seconds causes the phone not to sleep at all..
Randomly Reboots
Battery Does not Charge Fully when the Phone is Off and Charging.
Randomly gets a Black screen ( Froze ) & a battery pull is needed.

Phone Could easily support 2.X

System Memory is 205MB
Video Memory 64MB
Data Storage is 153MB
CPU is 768Mhz that Samsung Crippled to 528Mhz max

Thank you, BH_MAN!

I have long said that the issue is not merely a breach of promise, but also the fact that the Samsung Behold 2 is a lemon of a phone! Now that we have all the facts in one place that includes the Known Issues and System information (which shows that the Behold 2 is capable of an upgrade but seems to be having that upgrade withheld), along with the petition, we now have something concrete to deliver to our Attorneys General, Consumer Advocates, the buying community at large via Social Media, and Samsung itself.

What To Do With This Information:

Please remember to post these links on Facebook, Twitter and Blog sites. If you are on a major list or group on Facebook (and the conversation turns to Android or cell phones etc) place a link in that thread to THIS thread to make people aware of the issue.

For example if on Facebook you are a member of a group that is discussing the iPhone, you can enter the conversation and talk about the Android Community's feisty-ness and point to this thread.

The goal is to get people talking and thinking about our issue. It doesn't matter if they disagree...the goal is to create awareness!

Lastly, copy BH_Man's above post and send it to your Attorney General, post it on your blog if you have one, send it to online communities and of course send a copy to Samsung Corporate - to let them know that we are aware that the Behold 2 is capable of an upgrade to 2.x...so WHERE IS IT??? - The inference is, that we were lied to when told that the Behold 2 is incapable of the upgrade.

Upvote 0
I'm a regular reader of The Consumerist and one of there highly recommended techniques for getting a response out of a company is the Electronic Email Carpet Bomb. Basically you send a mass email to anyone and everyone at the company worth sending to.

Here are two links with email addresses for execs and the like at Tmobile. I consider this to be both an issue with Tmobile as well as Samsung.

Contact T-Mobile Executive Customer Service - The Consumerist
Take Your Tmobile Complaints To The Tippity-Top - The Consumerist

I plan on sending a letter soon, and it would be great if everyone else could send something as well.

Small Claims Court threat worked with me, which I got from consumerist.

Seriously though, Consumerist is the FIRST thing in my Google Reader and improves the quality of my life.

Upvote 0
Hopefully T-mobile has a little more pull. But I'm with you BH_MAN, I have had pretty good customer service from t-mobile. I'll keep this updated if I get new info.

We pay T-mo, they should take care of this. If someone sells you a phone and supports it and they get all of your money, how are they NOT in some way responsible for this?

They bought the damn phone from samsung and support it, they may seem like they are in the middle but frankly they are responsible in my mind for solving this. (which they did for me with a FREE mytouch slide)

Case in point, t-mo is getting off the hook when they are just as much to blame for this as Samsung IMO. If they let samsung **** us all, they are now responsible for un****ing us.

Who do we send our $$$ to again?

Upvote 0
Ok, for the people using T-mo to cover their phones, we really shouldn't do that yet guys. Why should T-mobile have to pay for Samsung's f up? If they are willing to, then great, but we should find out what happens first.

While it may not be T-Mo's fault there is a very good reason to go after T-Mo, rather than just Samsung alone... power.

Samsung is huge, and no matter how many of you there are, you will be seen as individuals (and thus small) to Samsung, especially when they can treat you as individuals (since you have to contact customer service separately).

T-Mobile, however, has power over Samsung as a LARGE company with buying power.

Demand that T-mobile go to Samsung on your behalf to get the update. tell T-Mobile that you will embarrass them online loudly and make sure that anyone considering making a purchase on an Android phone from T-Mobile will know going in that they might just end up screwed.

If you can get T-Mo on your side, they will have the power to convince Samsung to do something. This is what we had to do when HTC said they wouldn't update the Magic (in Canada).

Emails and calls to HTC did nothing, because they are big, and users are small, but once we targeted Rogers Wireless, Rogers demanded that HTC give us the update, because Rogers was facing a PR nightmare.

Make T-Mo sweat!

Upvote 0
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]My chat with Tmobile
You have been connected to .
Tmo: Hi Steve , welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. I’m xxx and I will be happy to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
Steve: No problem
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Tmo[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]: Thank you.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Tmo[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]: I see that you are inquiring about getting the update to your Samsung Behold 2 and not receiving a discount on upgrade purchases with the Even More Plus plan, is that correct?
Steve: Yes
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Tmo[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]: I would be happy to assist you with that today.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Tmo[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]: I know how important it is for you to have that information.
Steve: I am concerned about the upgrade to the Behold 2 the most. The two main reasons for purchasing the phone was to 1. Be able to take pictures of my baby that's due in the next few days (and the Behold 2 has great camera software)
Steve: and 2. The ability to upgrade the phone.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Tmo[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]: I can definitely understand that.
Steve: And I fear by switching to the EM+, I have lost the ability to have support for the phone
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Tmo[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]: With the Even More Plus plan, you are not eligible for discounted upgrades on phone purchases, but that does not mean you will not be eligible for the software upgrade on the Behold II, should it become available.
Steve: I understand that a 1.6 upgrade is in the works from Samsung, but I bought the phone with the understanding that it would be upgraded to a more current version.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Tmo[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]: I can definitely understand that. Unfortunately, the update availability is managed by the manufacturer.
Steve: and T-mobile has no say in the support of the devices that they sell?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Tmo[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]: We support the phone and the functionality of the service, but we are not in charge of the software updates.
Steve: Alright. Thank you for the help.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Tmo[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]: You are very welcome.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Just what I thought, EM+ subscribers are getting screwed. I may call C/S directly when I get a moment, but just thought I'd put this up for others to see.
[/FONT]

Reactions: jazzedmurf
Upvote 0
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Tmo[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]: I can definitely understand that. Unfortunately, the update availability is managed by the manufacturer.
Steve: and T-mobile has no say in the support of the devices that they sell?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Tmo[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]: We support the phone and the functionality of the service, but we are not in charge of the software updates.[/FONT]

This part above is complete BS. T-Mobile has buying power and can lean on HTC.

The only reason we got 2.1 for the Magic in Canada is because we leaned on our carrier (Rogers) and they leaned on HTC. Simple as that.

You need to keep punishing T-Mo. Embarrass them online. Find phone numbers and email addresses for management. Don't bother calling customer support, they are programmed drones who can't do anything.

Upvote 0
A T-mobile rep just called me about my BBB complaint I told him my complaint was not with T-mobile but with Samsung and he told me that T-mobile is trying to work out a deal with Samsung along the lines of all Behold 2 customers getting the update promised, getting the next Samsung Android device on T-mobile(Galaxy S), or T-mobile no longer carrying their products and that I should see something released from T-mobile about this issue in the next month or so.

Upvote 0
A T-mobile rep just called me about my BBB complaint I told him my complaint was not with T-mobile but with Samsung and he told me that T-mobile is trying to work out a deal with Samsung along the lines of all Behold 2 customers getting the update promised, getting the next Samsung Android device on T-mobile(Galaxy S), or T-mobile no longer carrying their products and that I should see something released from T-mobile about this issue in the next month or so.
I'm still thinking that EM+ subscribers are screwed. Any of the "success stories" that I keep hearing about are for regular post-paid accounts. If I knew that I would be screwed even worse to switch to EM+ from my old grandfathered plan, I would have never switched in the first place.

*Edit*
In addition, I would be more than willing to pay the difference in unsubsidized price for the Galaxy S, but I do not think that anyone has mentioned that alternative.

Upvote 0
I'm still thinking that EM+ subscribers are screwed. Any of the "success stories" that I keep hearing about are for regular post-paid accounts. If I knew that I would be screwed even worse to switch to EM+ from my old grandfathered plan, I would have never switched in the first place.

*Edit*
In addition, I would be more than willing to pay the difference in unsubsidized price for the Galaxy S, but I do not think that anyone has mentioned that alternative.

If this is true then it will help everyone.

There is no way Samsung will give everyone a new phone. NOT HAPPENING.

Samsung currently has nearly 20 phones out now and I am sure a few others ready to be released on T-mobile and all of them are T-mobile branded so they can't just take there stock to AT&T. NOT HAPPENING.

Their only option that won't cost them tens of millions of dollars is to develop 2.X.

Heck I bet Eugene would do it for a few thousand bucks if he had all the tools lol.

Upvote 0
Have you actually used them before? I ask cause the walmart site says it's only good at walmart or walmart.com

here is the quote from their site:

"Walmart is providing its customers with a fast, safe and easy way to trade in or recycle electronics. The program is powered by Gazelle, the nation's largest consumer electronics reCommerce service. Our online calculator will determine a value for your items. You send your items to Gazelle and are paid with Walmart Prepaid Visa Cards, which can be used for purchases at Walmart.com or Walmart stores. When items have no trade in value, Gazelle will recycle them responsibly, free of charge. The program accepts items in over 20 categories and is growing every day."

Walmart Electronics Trade In Program

As far as I understand it is sent a prepaid visa which would mean a green dot card.

See here: https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/AcctMgmt/Controls/Walmart/Support/Products.aspx

Walmart giftcards would not use Visa they are just standard non-backed giftcards like this: Walmart.com: Basic Blue Gift Card: Gift Cards

But I will not promise that is the case, from the wording I would guess they are just saying you can spend it here kinda like when t-mobile was selling the Nexus One.......... did you expect them to say oh that phone works on AT&T too?

Upvote 0
As far as I understand it is sent a prepaid visa which would mean a green dot card.

See here: https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/AcctMgmt/Controls/Walmart/Support/Products.aspx

Walmart giftcards would not use Visa they are just standard non-backed giftcards like this: Walmart.com: Basic Blue Gift Card: Gift Cards

But I will not promise that is the case, from the wording I would guess they are just saying you can spend it here kinda like when t-mobile was selling the Nexus One.......... did you expect them to say oh that phone works on AT&T too?

Walmart gift cards can be used to buy regular prepaid visa cards that are good everywhere :D

Upvote 0
called t mobile today and talked to the customer retention department,
was informed that they would give me the full upgrade credit % as if i was out of contract but that is it.

Was told that they have no knowledge of Samsung not upgrading teh phone and I would need to talk to the tech support at tmobile before they would do a swapout and if they did it would only be for another behold 2

I informed her that I was promised a upgrade to 2.0 when i bought the phone and she said that they have not been informed that here would be no upgrade

any Ideas how I can get a swap

Upvote 0
so you haven't actually used it then? the web site seems to pretty clear say "prepaid walmart visa" and "good at walmart or walmart.com" i am familiar with green dot but there is no mention of green dot in the gazelle section so...yeah...confusing

Ok just to clear up some of the confusion regarding this.

Walmart is doing this through Gazelle. If you do it through Walmart, yes, your only option is to receive a Walmart card. Which is ******ed in my opinion.

I decided to go to Gazelle's website and do it directly through them. They have multiple options of payments, including a check and PayPal. So far I have not gone through with the entire thing, but I did start the process. A postage labeled box should arrive at my house in the next few days.

Assuming I can't sell this on Craigs List, I plan on sending my wife's and my BH2 in for $126 a piece. And then of course I'll use it towards the Slide.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: behold_this
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones