• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Push T-Mobile and Samsung to Support Their Devices!

I just called TMO. It was hard to be too upset since I got the phone free (well, with a 2 yr contract extension) about a month ago. I focused totally on the 2.x upgrade and didn't complain about the other problems, mostly because I have been running BH man's roms so I don't even know what those problems are.

First of all she already knew all about the phone not getting 2.x. But here is the interesting thing. I kept complaining and then she put me on hold. When she came back she still couldn't do anything but I swear she said exactly this "Unofficially... you may see 2.1, which is better than 2.0 anyway". I had never said anything about 2.0 or 2.1, just version 2. I'm not actually even sure if she meant on this phone or not. Then she gave me Samsung's phone number and encouraged me to complain to them (like that's going to help!)

Anyway I saw that someone earlier said that TMO and Samsung are talking about this problem... maybe there is still a chance...

Reactions: the_whole_truth
Upvote 0
the phone itself.. as in the hardware.. isnt bad.. the camera is really good imo.. but.. the rest of it.. is... imo a pile of dung... if you have just recently bought your phone.. just wait.. it will either grow on you.. or you will despise samnsung.. one of the two lol

Yeah it will grow on you like foot fungus........

...................................nobody likes foot fungus.

Upvote 0
I just called TMO. It was hard to be too upset since I got the phone free (well, with a 2 yr contract extension) about a month ago. I focused totally on the 2.x upgrade and didn't complain about the other problems, mostly because I have been running BH man's roms so I don't even know what those problems are.

First of all she already knew all about the phone not getting 2.x. But here is the interesting thing. I kept complaining and then she put me on hold. When she came back she still couldn't do anything but I swear she said exactly this "Unofficially... you may see 2.1, which is better than 2.0 anyway". I had never said anything about 2.0 or 2.1, just version 2. I'm not actually even sure if she meant on this phone or not. Then she gave me Samsung's phone number and encouraged me to complain to them (like that's going to help!)

Anyway I saw that someone earlier said that TMO and Samsung are talking about this problem... maybe there is still a chance...

umm no samsung was claiming that it was not upgradeable past 1.6 why would they update us to 2.x? it doesn't add up.

Upvote 0
Okay guys!
Just wanted to let everyone Know I am Sporting the Slide now & I have completely restored Faith in TMO.. The Rep I've been dealing with for the Last week / two Weeks really came through for me tonight.

Not only has she shown great interest in my issue, but she also Corrected the issue as well. In exchange I got the Slide, but had to return the Behold 2 & everything that was included with it as well, but I was more than okay with doing that..

So, If you're Reading this ( The Rep that Took care Of me ) Thank you! Thank you!
Like I said, My Faith is Fully Restored.. ( Just so Glad She knew about Android!!! )..

Just Remember everyone, TMO Does care, You just have to play nice & Tell them the Issue's you are having & be very Clear.. If not, they don't know!

P.S
Don't Focus on the 2.x if you want the Upgrade, You have to Show cause for the Return & going through the ringer of exchanging Phone.. Tell them all the Issue's with the Phone!!

Reactions: mwl1119
Upvote 0
Okay guys!
Just wanted to let everyone Know I am Sporting the Slide now & I have completely restored Faith in TMO.. The Rep I've been dealing with for the Last week / two Weeks really came through for me tonight.

Not only has she shown great interest in my issue, but she also Corrected the issue as well. In exchange I got the Slide, but had to return the Behold 2 & everything that was included with it as well, but I was more than okay with doing that..

So, If you're Reading this ( The Rep that Took care Of me ) Thank you! Thank you!
Like I said, My Faith is Fully Restored.. ( Just so Glad She knew about Android!!! )..

Just Remember everyone, TMO Does care, You just have to play nice & Tell them the Issue's you are having & be very Clear.. If not, they don't know!

P.S
Don't Focus on the 2.x if you want the Upgrade, You have to Show cause for the Return & going through the ringer of exchanging Phone.. Tell them all the Issue's with the Phone!!

That is what I did........ just hounded them about every issue.

I didn't get the Slide but I got the Cliq and word is June 28th I will get 2.1 so this phone should tide me over until T-mobile rolls out a non-samsung powerhouse Android (1.5GHz!!).

When you talk to customer service DO NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT NOT GETTING ANDROID 2.X they are not required to give it to you but they are required to give you a non-defective phone and we all know this phone has many defects. Get it swapped out 3 times and you get a different phone. This may seem like it will take forever but if you say the second one had the same issue and you put in a friends sim card and it still happened they will express ship your next two Behold 2's and your new model phone free. And when you get the different model it will be brand new not a refurb.

I am happy with the Cliq. Truth be told I couldn't decide if I wanted the Cliq or the Slide if I had the option to choose. I didn't, but oh well.

Upvote 0
Samsung updated the Moment for Sprint, so maybe it's TMO that does not want to update the phones it carries? Did TMO officially update so far ANY Androids?

Well the Moment does have a different processor.

Dunno what the model number but it runs at 800MHz

Sorry if I sound like an ass kisser here but it really is not TMO's fault that Samsung and Motorola (at the moment) have yet to do an update. Its motoblur/touchwiz that makes programmers have to do more work to get the update and since both manufacturers make phonesw for all carriers and T-mobile has the least amout or customers we get the short end of the stick with our updates being late or never coming.

Upvote 0
I'm just saying that maybe TMO management, for whatever reason, does not want to update the BH2, because Sprint obviously wanted the Moment to be updated, and Samsung did the work.

The Moment sold better plus sprint has a bigger user base.

That means more pull and potential sales. Period.

Who is Samsung going to sell the Behold 2 to?

Its ugly, has bugs galore, a first gen processor........ is ANYONE going to come to TMO for that phone? Nope. And Tmo does not have the user base to sell enough of them to make 2.1 porting profitable to Samsuck.

Upvote 0
Okay guys!

P.S

I am also sporting the slide. The rep I dealt with was very nice and helpful, however I still believe I shouldn't have had to pay for mine (even though they did make me re-eligible for the full discount).

Either way, I absolutely love this phone. Very fast, and I actually really like this Espresso Sense UI.

Upvote 0
I am also sporting the slide. The rep I dealt with was very nice and helpful, however I still believe I shouldn't have had to pay for mine (even though they did make me re-eligible for the full discount).

Either way, I absolutely love this phone. Very fast, and I actually really like this Espresso Sense UI.

Few questions ...
-So how much did you have to pay? I got my Behold II for $24.99 (upgrade fee)
-Did you get Samsung Slide? I can't find that model on T-mobile site
-Does Samsung Slide run Antroid?

Upvote 0
I just got a response from my State AG. Basically they forwarded my complaint to Samsung, and asking for a response within 10 days. Hopefully I'll get a no BS response from Samsung.

If anyone really cares I can put the letter up here...and I will definitely share any response I get.

Sure and tell us (me) more, I will do the same here with my state AG.

Upvote 0
Samsung
400 Valley Road, Suite 201
Mt. Arlington, NR 07856-2136

Dear Sir/Madam:

The Minnesota Attorney General's Office has received correspondence from _________ ________ regarding Samsung. Mr. ________ may be contacted at _______ _____ St S, _________, MN _________.

Mr. __________ states that on Feb 17, 2010 he purchased a Samsung Behold 2 in the amount of $390 from T-Mobile. He states that he received promotional material stating that Samsung would be releasing an upgrade from Android 1.5 to Android 2.0 at a later date. He states that Samsung as since announced that it will not be releasing this update even though Android 2.0 has been released to Samsung since October of last year, and several other phone models with lower performance capabilities will be receiving this update. He states that he believes that he has been misled by Samsung and that he wants Samsung to provide the promised update or issue a refund or allow him to exchange the phone.

I ask that Samsung review Mr. ____'s concerns and provide an explanation of the events that have transpired as well as a proposal to bring this matter to a satisfactory resolution. Please send your written response in this matter within ten (10) business days from the date of this letter to my attention at the above referenced address.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Please feel free to contact me with any question or comments. Please refer to the above file number and consumer's name in any contact with our Office.

Sincerely,

Ms. ________ ________
Consumer Services Division

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones