• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Q] Sense theme

What about it?

It's a sense theme, not for the D2.
If you are deodexed and backed up, just try it if you are comfortable. I have tried "non compatible" themes in the past and it's mostly miss, but I have gotten a few to work. I am not recommending, just making a suggestion since you really seem to want it.
Do at own risk!

Upvote 0
What about it?

It's a sense theme, not for the D2.
If you are deodexed and backed up, just try it if you are comfortable. I have tried "non compatible" themes in the past and it's mostly miss, but I have gotten a few to work. I am not recommending, just making a suggestion since you really seem to want it.
Do at own risk!

Well, seeing as I don't even have my device yet, I guess that I will give it a whirl when I finally do get my D2 in November. Shouldn't it, since it would have been updated for Froyo (or does that even matter?) and the DX and D2 have relatively the same core be cross-compatible?

Upvote 0
So what is prohibiting us from getting a sense rom?

What would I have to do to start making a sense rom?

I have some experience with roms cause I used to make Droid Eris roms for myself but we don't have a rom kitchen for the droid 2 so it's going to be a bit more complicated.

Do we need a different kernel for sense to work or do we just have to change a bunch of files around and rename a bunch of files.

thanks in advance,
ljbaumer

Upvote 0
So what is prohibiting us from getting a sense rom?

What would I have to do to start making a sense rom?

I have some experience with roms cause I used to make Droid Eris roms for myself but we don't have a rom kitchen for the droid 2 so it's going to be a bit more complicated.

Do we need a different kernel for sense to work or do we just have to change a bunch of files around and rename a bunch of files.

thanks in advance,
ljbaumer

Well, if you want to I'd take a look at what is at the other end of that link and see if it looks anything like what you used to cook up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones