• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quadrant score?

If true, I think this is the highest I've seen for the DX (with 2.2).

It's true. Enabling stage fright through build.prop makes a pretty big difference for the CPU score.

Check it:

quadrant.png

Upvote 0
About Cyanogen and Quadrant:

Just seeing the I/O fix/hack for the Samsung phones some of us knew there can be tweaks/hacks to get a higher score.

And some of us asked why cant that same hack be done to other phones....Seems like Cyanogen answered that question...lol

The question is: does it equal better performance? Cuz the Samsung hack is supposed to help with a stall, lag issue the Samsung phones have. As long as whatever Cyanogen did increases performance, I'm all for it.
Well I applied the stall fix for my Samsung literally today at 1:00pm or so, and I can tell you it does equal better performance. Its not just numbers...

Back then when I scroll down to see more apps in the Market, it'll lag and freeze for 3-4 seconds before unfreezing...also happens in just about any application. Now that is pretty much gone. I can pretty much keep scrolling down almost non-stop.

Managed to score a 2313, a huge jump from my 850 I used to get. This is not overclocked.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
I don't see why my thread on Linpack benchmarks was merged with a thread on Quadrant benchmarks. The Linpack thing is a completely separate issue. The bottom line is that the Droid X scores about the same as the Nexus One in 2.1 but in Froyo, the Snapdragon phones are 3x faster. I wonder what other benchmarks show.. Like the SetCPU short and long benches. Anyone got a N1 or DInc to test?

Upvote 0
I don't see why my thread on Linpack benchmarks was merged with a thread on Quadrant benchmarks. The Linpack thing is a completely separate issue. The bottom line is that the Droid X scores about the same as the Nexus One in 2.1 but in Froyo, the Snapdragon phones are 3x faster. I wonder what other benchmarks show.. Like the SetCPU short and long benches. Anyone got a N1 or DInc to test?

How do you know they are 3x faster?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones