• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My average was 2310 on one batch of tests and 2450 on another for the D3. But can only go for sure by the fact that the D3 is faster than the TB, Evolution, DX2, A500, gTablet and Thrive when playing N64 and PSX, which are top litmus tests for testing cpu power. This chipset rocks for both cpu power and video decoding. The current Snapdragon single / dual core and Tegra 2 can not match the 4430 in that regard.

Added:

Just ran another batch and 2310 was the average. Actual results is what matters to me and this device kicks butt at stock, with non modded or OC'd speeds. My guess is an OC'd snap with a 4.3" display is not the best for battery life.

Results are more important than synthetic and extrapolated tests (for which the Quadrant dev has not defined the weighting for each modular test).

Upvote 0
Not that anyone cares, but did it for the fun of it.

I will say the video tests came out laggy. It is stock. i'll have to put it head to head with my fully rooted and optimized Fascinate which gets an average score of 1650, but the graphics are always smooth.

What videos are you using? My usual Flash and video tests came out great and were same level as the Tegra 2 with Android 3.1. I can not say the D3 was better, since once a video is smooth, kind of nowhere else to go.

Though I am not the most trusting of benchmarks, the Q score average for three test batches (five each) was 2300, 2450 and 2310.

3.1 BTW makes a HUGE difference for performance in tablets for Flash and video decoding.

One known is N64 and PSX game emulators are smoother with the D3 than the Tegra 2 devices I have owned or tested.

Upvote 0
ok, so after rooting, adjust memory settings, freezing stock crap, and disabling auto running apps. i'm averaging around 2250 and peaked at 2443.... For what its worth. Obviously it doesn't say all that much, but maybe the better memory management AND less crapware being on has bumped this little bad boy farther up the ladder. 2195 was my peak score prior to doing all the root magic.

can't wait for tweaked kernels to roll out.

Upvote 0
Good:
CAP201108262029.png

Gooder:
CAP201108262031.png

Goodest:
CAP201108262032.png

I was a little too quick on the trigger with drocap2 on the last run. Forgot to press back before taking the screenshot. But you can still make out the score. 2668 is easily the best I've ever attained.

FYI, my D3 is rooted with lots of bloat frozen with Titanium Backup. The quads I got before rooting were between 2200-2300, which were about the same as my 3.2 honeycomb Xoom.

The best part is, I can feel the increase in performance. Snappy as hell. With my old phone, the DX running cm7, I was able to get quads of 1800+ versus rooted stock gingy with bloat frozen scores of about 1500+. I can only imagine what kind of scores I'm going to get once I have a custom rom slapped on this baby. 3000+? A boy can dream.

Upvote 0
I can only imagine what kind of scores I'm going to get once I have a custom rom slapped on this baby. 3000+? A boy can dream.

and when it the maximum stable overclock is figured out. Remember the HTC Tmobile G2? from 800mhz to i believe 1.4ghz and it was the max you could go w/o being unstable. stock the score of the gets around 1500. the overclock gets 2300

so if the D3 and most dualcore phones get around 2200 to 2800, imagine when overclocks are set in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones