1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Question about multiple ringtones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by semus, Sep 20, 2011.

1. semus

semus Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Male
    Hello there, I'm a new user of the forums - i got my gs2 a couple of days ago,
    and i have used lots of the tips i found here, to improve my experience with it :)

anyway,
    i was wondering about different ringtones for normal and silent modes.
    In my last phone - nokia n95 - i had it set that when it was on normal mode,
    i hade a certain ringtone and sms sound playing, and when i went to silent mode i could set different sounds, in addition to the vibration.
    the sound i used for the silent mode was a short single beep, which wouldn't make much noise - that way when i was in silent, but the phone wasn't directly on me, it would still make a sound, but it wouldn't bother anything or anyone.
    i couldn't find a way to do it on this phone, and couldn't find an app to do it.
    but i am new to this phone, and to the market, and maybe i didn't look good enough.

Does anyone know of a way it could be done?

I hope i made my question understandable, and i thank anyone trying to help me.

semus

Advertisement

2. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    Male
    UK
    Its not something that can be set as standard, but there are plenty of profile applications available to download from the market.

3. semus

semus Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Male
    Great, i've download "simple sounds profile" - and it does what i wanted, except - as i said i wanted it to beep, and i got it to beep, but it beeps repeatedly until i answer or reject call, im trying to find out how to make it beep just once.

if anyone know, please tell me,
    anyway Thanks alot