• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about multiple ringtones

semus

Android Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2011
Hello there, I'm a new user of the forums - i got my gs2 a couple of days ago,
and i have used lots of the tips i found here, to improve my experience with it :)

anyway,
i was wondering about different ringtones for normal and silent modes.
In my last phone - nokia n95 - i had it set that when it was on normal mode,
i hade a certain ringtone and sms sound playing, and when i went to silent mode i could set different sounds, in addition to the vibration.
the sound i used for the silent mode was a short single beep, which wouldn't make much noise - that way when i was in silent, but the phone wasn't directly on me, it would still make a sound, but it wouldn't bother anything or anyone.
i couldn't find a way to do it on this phone, and couldn't find an app to do it.
but i am new to this phone, and to the market, and maybe i didn't look good enough.

Does anyone know of a way it could be done?

I hope i made my question understandable, and i thank anyone trying to help me.

semus

Great, i've download "simple sounds profile" - and it does what i wanted, except - as i said i wanted it to beep, and i got it to beep, but it beeps repeatedly until i answer or reject call, im trying to find out how to make it beep just once.

if anyone know, please tell me,
anyway Thanks alot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones