• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

question about stopping unsed program

corvairbob

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
being my last post got side tracked i will start it up again. i have 2 tablets one is a uniden utab71 and one is a Polaroid pmid701c
i have both running the same programs as i type. Polaroid has setting,scanner radio,google services,android keyboard.
uniden has settings,scanner radio,google services,android keyboard.

now they both say different memory used. the Polaroid is using 65 and 212 free the uniden is using 304 and 209 free the Polaroid has 277 and the uniden has 512 apparently. but why are they using different amount of the ram? could it be the operating system they Polaroid is running android version 2.3.4 and the uniden is running android version 4.0.4 the uniden is way slower that the Polaroid and it has newer software in if. anyone have a clue.
on the Polaroid under the kernel version the Polaroid says 2.6.36-android+lgm@server #72
on the uniden under the kernel version the uniden says 3.0.8+ root@ubuntu #56 mon aug 27 21:59:45 cst 2012

i guess for the most part it really makes no difference but the uniden is way slower that the Polaroid and it seems to have way newer stuff in it. ram and storage. thanks bp.

I have moved this thread into the General Tablet Talk since you are discussing issues with your tablets.

Hope this helps and they could be using different amounts of RAM because the newer versions of android are more RAM intensive just because they create a smoother experience. Also with Android it tries to use a certain amount of RAM up so it can provide the user with the best experience. And for the Polaroid that might be only using 65MB while for the Uniden it might be using 304MB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones