• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Question] Can't update rooted VM HTC Wildfire S from 2.3.4 [Status 7 error]

kk415kk

Lurker
Mar 11, 2012
Hi, I'm still relatively new to how rooting works on Android. I've had my HTC Wildfire S rooted for a few months now, and it worked perfectly fine. However, I've been trying to update it through HTC's software update option in the "About Phone" menu, and when it reboots into CWM, it first gives me a "wrong path error". I then tried to manually select the .zip update file, and after that, it gave me a signature verification error. So I turned off signature verification through CWM, and now it gives me a "Status 7" error.

Can someone help me or guide me on what to do? (I'm not sure which ROM I'm using because it was months back, and I'm not sure how I can find it again). I'm running on Virgin Mobile HTC Wildfire S.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones