• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question for Canada HTC magic's voice search function

I talked to rogers tech support and they said for reasons unknow that functionality was not included.

Now my question is why is this function not on the android market as a download? What is the deal with that?

because this "function as you call it" is not an App ... it is part of the OS ... and will need to included in a future update at such time as google has it prepared and Rogers is ready to push it out to its customers ...

Upvote 0
Will i be able to get this functionality if i Root my phone?

Also what are the advantages/disadvantages of rooting the phone?

You would not receive OTA updates from T-Mobile if you root .. you would rely on the many private builds that are available and are most of the time ahead if features of the OTA services.

I suggest you just do a search of the many threads of Root, rooting on this forum, also check the FAQs ...

Upvote 0
Hi,

I live in Sweden and also got my HTC Magic a week ago and some of the functionality I was expecting to have is missing. like voice command for map as well as for voice call. I also was reading that there is a zoom-wheel functionality. It is strange to me that the carriers that are selling the phone don't mention that. Can you imagine if you buy a car thinking that is full equiped and you paid for it to discover afterwards that the gps, back sensors are missing ( ops in Sweden we take them away...sorry,you didn't know?)? I don't think that is fair I wonder if it is legal. I am upset about that but I still love the phone, the SDK and plug in for Eclipse.

Google Rules!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones