• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question/Help-Eris is Sluggish

Brianm109

Jan 30, 2010
I've noticed over the past week or so my Eris seems to be getting a little sluggish/touch screen a little slow in responding. I was wondering how can I tell what could be causing this? Are there certain programs that slow the down the phone more than others? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've noticed over the past week or so my Eris seems to be getting a little sluggish/touch screen a little slow in responding. I was wondering how can I tell what could be causing this? Are there certain programs that slow the down the phone more than others? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mine speeds up when I go to the manage applications area and sort by size then clear browser cache, market, etc.

Then I check to see if I've got over a few hundred messages saved and clear that down to just the past weeks's messages.

Then I shut it off and power it back up.

That causes my Eris to get it's old snap back.

Upvote 0
Every once in a while I do a "spring cleaning" session. I clear all cache that I can find, delete all texts, upload photos to my comp and delete any I don't have to have on my phone and go through my apps and delete any I haven't used in the past week or two (it only takes a minute or less to download again!). I then reboot, let it sit for 5 minutes to get all sorted out and my baby is back to normal!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones