• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Questions about syncing

gmagnes

Lurker
Jan 24, 2011
I am trying to help my daughter use her new LG Optimus T phone which has Android 2.2 on it.

1--I am used to using Windows Mobile and for the past several years an [COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Iphone[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], each of which has syncing [COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]software[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] (Itunes for the Iphone) that enables you to synch contacts, calendar, music, files, etc. between your phone and PC. The Optimus didn't come with that. When I google it, there seem to be various complex solutions and work arounds, none of which seem to work for us. Can anyone explain how Androids synch with a windows computer?

2--Possibly related to the first issue, the PC doesn't seem to recognize the phone. We've plugged it into USB ports, but get no response from the phone. We are running Windows 7 Professional. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what might be happening. Is there a known issue with Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks,
Gerry

Hello Gerry.

First of all, drivers for LG devices can be found here:

Cell Phone Support - Mobile Phone Customer Service & Cell Phone Information - LG Electronics US

Are you enabling "USB debugging" when you attach your cable to the USB port? There is a prompt on the screen or in the dragged down notification area with the "charge only" and "move files." The exact wording is a bit different in some phones.

If you're not seeing that prompt, go to menu > settings > applications > development > enable USB debugging (check box).

Your Windows computer will, after several seconds, present you with a prompt to "view files," etc. As long as you have the drivers for your device installed in Windows, your phone will be seen as another drive.

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/mobile-support/mobile-lg-mobile-phone-support.jsp

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones