• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Questions after Rooting/Installing ROM---NOOB

droid507

Sep 19, 2010
So I finally decided to take the challenges of rooting my phone and so far I have more than happy with the decision. I am having a few problems where I would like your help.

Just FYI: I downloaded the 928BG theme/ROM

1) Now when I connect my phone to computer via USB, it only lets me connect vias the Charge mode...I can't access the USB storage or windows media sync or PC modes...

2) I have weather bug elite pre-installed on my phone and it gives me the current temp in black font in the taskbar. Since I downloaded the new theme, the taskbar is now black and I can't see the weather updates. I tried to switch the weather bug font to white, however when I do, the app fails to load.

3) I downloaded Titanium backup and have tried to remove some of the bloatware. I have been successful with many of the apps, however I can't remove kindle at all. If I delete the app, it still shows in application drawer.

4) I installed the Free version of ROM manager app. My question is do I have to pay for the full version to install the other ROMS such as APEX or can I install those ROMS any other ways.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions...

1.i believe it is just finding and installing the right drivers ...not sure though
2.this may have an answer for you
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ix-black-notification-font-fission-theme.html
3.not sure about kindle may just be you need to do a batt pull or restart your x and maybe it will go away
4.you dont have to pay for the full version you can just go to the APEX thread and follow links and instructions

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones