1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Questions after Rooting/Installing ROM---NOOB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droid507, Oct 31, 2010.

1. droid507

droid507 Newbie

So I finally decided to take the challenges of rooting my phone and so far I have more than happy with the decision. I am having a few problems where I would like your help.

Just FYI: I downloaded the 928BG theme/ROM

1) Now when I connect my phone to computer via USB, it only lets me connect vias the Charge mode...I can't access the USB storage or windows media sync or PC modes...

2) I have weather bug elite pre-installed on my phone and it gives me the current temp in black font in the taskbar. Since I downloaded the new theme, the taskbar is now black and I can't see the weather updates. I tried to switch the weather bug font to white, however when I do, the app fails to load.

3) I downloaded Titanium backup and have tried to remove some of the bloatware. I have been successful with many of the apps, however I can't remove kindle at all. If I delete the app, it still shows in application drawer.

4) I installed the Free version of ROM manager app. My question is do I have to pay for the full version to install the other ROMS such as APEX or can I install those ROMS any other ways.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

1.i believe it is just finding and installing the right drivers ...not sure though
    2.this may have an answer for you
    http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ix-black-notification-font-fission-theme.html
    3.not sure about kindle may just be you need to do a batt pull or restart your x and maybe it will go away
    4.you dont have to pay for the full version you can just go to the APEX thread and follow links and instructions

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews