• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions on purchasing an HTC EVO 3D through Amazon.

takirb

Android Enthusiast
Jun 20, 2010
S. Carolina
I'm looking to replace my wife's old crackberry for christmas. Might as well go with the 3VO, but Sprint is still asking $199.99. I see Amazon has them on sale for $99 right now. Anyone ever purchased their cell and/or activation via Amazon? What were the extra fees included, or headaches involved?

I was thinking I could just purchase the phone for $99, then pay Sprint their $36 activation fee, and be done. But the Sprint rep told me if I purchase it through Amazon, i'll have to adhere to Amazon's terms/conditions as well as Sprint's, and will have to pay Amazon activation fees which she didn't know the price. I could still get insurance and plan stuff through Sprint, but the setup costs and such would be from Amazon. Anyone tried this before? It "appears" as if i'll save $100, but i'm not sure what other fees are associated with purchasing it via Amazon.

Plus, it kinda sucks not being able to add to next month's bill, but if it saves me $100 paying up front, it's worth it. Any info/advice would be appreciated...

I am in the market to replace my kids phones so I have been shopping around. I noticed today that Best Buy online has the 3d and the Photon for $50.00. I have not bought them yet because I sent Amazon an email to see if they would match the $49.99. I will let you know. Also last week Sprint had the 3D for $49.99 so I kinda wonder if they will have a sale next week as well. They had the original EVO for free this week but I have decided against going that route. Good phone, just to old in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I actually went ahead and purchased the Evo 3D from Radio Shack Friday. I thought it was $100, but it was actually only $49 since i was adding a new line onto my account. That's got me thinking about upgrading my existing Evo to a 3D for $99. I checked with Sprint last week and they told me they didn't have any sales on the 3D, it was still $199 with 2yr contract, vs RS is only $99 even in contract (if i understand that correctly). Decisions decisions. Does that "renew" my 2yr deal with Sprint if i upgrade via Radio Shack? I'd also like to see what's in store for new phones next year, so i don't want to restart a new agreement. But i must admit, sure did feel nice holding her new 3D today when i picked it up...

Edit - Nevermind, it's $99 with upgrade and contract renewal, $599.99 without!!! Guess i'll be waiting till fall of next year to see what LTE phones Sprint may have in store for us :(

Upvote 0
I went to Best Buy on Saturday because they had the 3D for $49.99. Then they told me they were running a local promo as well. get $50.00 off a $50.00 phone, so they were free. I got three for my kids. They were actually out of them but the sales guy stopped by another Best Buy the next morning and picked up three for me on his way in. Cant beat that.

Upvote 0
Upgraded 2 plum Color evo 3ds off wirefly and a third off amazon because a better price on add a line with them. No hidden fees or anything on either sites, the price you see is the price you will pay (no tax) after check out with your debit or credit card. Completely satisfed with both.

activation fee will be on next bill and remember the premium data 10 a month fee for each new or renewed line you have if you dont already have this mandatory charge for.smartphones that was effective jan 2011 (i think) with sprint

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones