• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Quick Contacts Widget Issue

The Quick Contacts widget has a "Remember this Choice" option that I set for a couple contacts and can't reverse. If your contact has several phone numbers, for example, if you check that option box and then select the home phone, for example, from then on the widget will automatically call the home phone without presenting you the list of phone numbers to pick from.

Does anyone know how to "unselect" that option? I'd like to be able to go back to getting the list of phone numbers instead of automatically calling the one I "remembered". I've tried removing the contact and then adding it again without success.

Thx!

I think I might have it. My contacts are on an Exchange server, but I noticed that the Quick Contacts are also in my Google contacts. I edited the Google contact by removing the "stuck" number and I'm now getting the choice back.

Aha! Nice! Just tried it out. I was focusing too much on the check mark and thinking there was some way to just un-check it. Good to know, good to know. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones