• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [R910/R915] THE ODIN THREAD: Return to stock | Now with R915 files!

Hi again, i have plan to odin mine (back to stock), but a little nervous because I see there are some ppl have problems on this thread. My phone is rooted with Basix on it; everything is 100% perfect except the battery makes me nervous. Three questions:
1. Do i need to do something prior Odin? Such as; reset..etc., backup, bla..bla...? Because I want to keep my contact list safe and solid (that is the only thing i need).
2. Is an evil hand by clicking/check a "partition" thing is the only one that caused their problems?
3. How many mb exactly that tar (factoryfs.rfs file) at that 1st option file? I did it but it is 268MB RFS file. ( or I do NOT need to Unrar this file; The rar file (Indulge Stock) is 275,018KB)

Upvote 0
1-If you have continuously saved your contacts to gmail, then they are safe & sound. However, if you are saving them to your SD card.. I honestly don't know. Gmail is the way because as soon as you login, your contacts appear within moments.
2- DO NOT CLICK PARTITION UNLESS INSTRUCTED BY K0NANE/SHABBY PENGUIN, per post #1 in this thread.
3-You need to unzip either file regardless of size. For Option 1 I see 315MB & 457MB for Option 2. Your question is oddly structured.

Upvote 0
In case you're still wondering, you can save (export) yur contacts easily to your sd card and re-add them (import) back to the phone after odin.
For that, open the stock contact app, hit the menu key, and click on import/export.
It'll do all the rest!
Simple. Efficient. In fact, that's the way they do it at the metro corporate stores!;)

Upvote 0
Well after using odin on my Samsung Galaxy indulge Metro and about phone Settings are messed up. Can someone help me find the roms or the correct files i could use to set my phone back in order ?
Specs:
Hardware Version : Unknown
Model Number: Sch-R910
Firmware Version : 2.2.1
Baseband Version : Unknown , LTE : SCH-R910.ED15
Kernel Version : 2.6.32.9
Build Number : SCH-R910.EE07

And now my phone is in airplane mode alot. It keeps shuttin of unless its on the charger. Can someone please help me fix my phone "hardware version , Baseband Version" help would be very much appreciated thx.

Upvote 0
Well after using odin on my Samsung Galaxy indulge Metro and about phone Settings are messed up. Can someone help me find the roms or the correct files i could use to set my phone back in order ?
Specs:
Hardware Version : Unknown
Model Number: Sch-R910
Firmware Version : 2.2.1
Baseband Version : Unknown , LTE : SCH-R910.ED15
Kernel Version : 2.6.32.9
Build Number : SCH-R910.EE07

And now my phone is in airplane mode alot. It keeps shuttin of unless its on the charger. Can someone please help me fix my phone "hardware version , Baseband Version" help would be very much appreciated thx.

I have this same problem but it only happened after the fone was submerged in water dried it out everything worx fine except it wont stay out if airplane mode can suggestions

Upvote 0
Don't drop it in water. :)

Really now??? and i cant qpst to read fone but odin does so does my computer i have prl files need to flash it back to fone is there any other way to get the prl back on fone thats all its missing everything else works on the its just missing the prl i get service sometimes for upto 3 mins then right back to airplane mode.....

Upvote 0
Hello experts
i,ve samsung SCH-R910 MetroPCS phone , so i install ClockWorkMod on it and backup everything , and then tried to install custom rom (cyanogen) and when it begin to install the phone is rebooted into recovery and never get back my old OS i tried to reboot many times but still booted into recovery also i restore the original OS that i backed up before and it completed successfully but when rebooting the phone still booted into recovery ,
i search and found this really nice topic and download SCH-R910 Option-1 rar file and flashing with odin but still my problem not solved , i checked repartition (because i was very annoyed) also not worked :(
can anyone please help me just to return to the stock or any custom rom
i need my phone just to work now i really stuck here please help me
thanks

Upvote 0
Hello experts
i,ve samsung SCH-R910 MetroPCS phone , so i install ClockWorkMod on it and backup everything , and then tried to install custom rom (cyanogen) and when it begin to install the phone is rebooted into recovery and never get back my old OS i tried to reboot many times but still booted into recovery also i restore the original OS that i backed up before and it completed successfully but when rebooting the phone still booted into recovery ,
i search and found this really nice topic and download SCH-R910 Option-1 rar file and flashing with odin but still my problem not solved , i checked repartition (because i was very annoyed) also not worked :(
can anyone please help me just to return to the stock or any custom rom
i need my phone just to work now i really stuck here please help me
thanks

you more 'n likely screwed up your phone. there is no cyanogen rom for the samsung indulge except a wip test rom (that is not fully functional and is highly unstable). unfortunatly if your phone still boots into cwm recovery after odin then you are doing something wrong since odin removes cwm as well. the only thing i can recomment is to do a factory reset or get a new phone.

Upvote 0
I can't get Odin to communicate with my phone (Samsung Indulge R-910).

My phone suddenly went into the Downloading screen (either I accidentally hit a combination of power and volume keys or possibly an OTA update) and has been stuck there for the past two days.

I've tried every suggestion I could find on the net (remove battery, press and hold power button, hold power volume up and volume down simultaneously, hit power+R, etc.) and it always stays at the Downloading screen.

I decided to flash it back to stock and read this entire thread. (BTW - LOL at the redirect for the guy with the Samsung Epic who asked questions here). I have _NOT_ hit Repartition.

On two separate computers (Windows XP SP3), with two separate micro USB cables, I have installed the Samsung drivers, Odin, and image of the factory R-910 (from Mirror 2, there was a problem from the original server).

I followed the instructions at the top of the thread but the computer gives no indications that the phone's been connected. The phone does not show up as a device in My Computer.

I would still prefer just to reboot the phone instead of a factory reset if possible, but if I can't find a way to get out of the Downloading mode I'd be willing to reset to factory.

Suggestions?

Upvote 0
Well I have a sch-R915 ,I downloaded ther rom at the top of post,used odin did all that was said.It went thru process ,rebooted phone saying passed..Cricket logo came on did the lil cricket sound,then samsung logo came on,then screen went black...Nothing more.I have repeated the process atleast 5 times all with same results...Any suggestions??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones