• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [R915][ROM] Gingerbread R915

Well thanks for the warm welcome. I'm not quite sure why you think this is a "pissy match" sorry if you see it that way, it says a lot about you.

I can state my problem how ever the hell I want, regardless if it's right or wrong.

If anyone here is in the wrong, it'd be the person starting to bash on another member. If you have any embarrassment whatsoever, be the bigger person and don't continue this pointless assault towards me.

Glad to be a member of the AF. Looking forward to future forum discussions.

I wasn't insulting you. I said nothing directly to demean you in any way. I merely pointed out your bad attitude. You are right, you can say things in any way you like. However, a good attitude gets the best results.

You made assumptions about me. I merely stated the truth. Just as you have a right to post 'whatever, whenever, however ' (not actually true, things aren't always that simple here) , I have the right to respond to what I read in like kind, as I see fit.

Upvote 0
It's not possible, no. It would brick your device.
They use to different platforms and gave different mount points. From a software stand point, the two devices are more "cousins" than "brothers".
This. While there are a lot of similarities between the devices, there are some critical differences that require experience to troubleshoot. I worked through those, and despite that, the 2.6.35 kernel from the R915 will not boot, whether built from source, or repacked. That's why I want to work with an R915, and need a user to test - it's a starting point.

Upvote 0
This. While there are a lot of similarities between the devices, there are some critical differences that require experience to troubleshoot. I worked through those, and despite that, the 2.6.35 kernel from the R915 will not boot, whether built from source, or repacked. That's why I want to work with an R915, and need a user to test - it's a starting point.

I'm willing to help you test. Keep an eye out for me in IRC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones